Apply for this job
Our client is looking for an experienced developer with strong knowledge of their tech stack who is ready to take on a large amount of responsibility and be able to provide valuable contributions. This is an opportunity for someone looking to move into a leadership role, influencing change and providing solutions across several engineering challenges.
The client is a Calgary based venture studio that builds solutions revolutionizing various industries. They have a mature vision and a talented team in place and are currently focused on marketing their world-class car ownership platform. The team is organized, talented, and highly motivated. If you are looking for a fun, exciting, new opportunity in Calgary tech to grow with, this is for you.
This is an IN-OFFICE position, we will only consider candidates willing to work full-time in the Calgary office.
What our client offers:
A fresh start with a young, energetic team
Vibrant work environment
Develop in the most modern web technologies (React, Node.JS, and front/backend Typescript)
Creative freedom to make a direct and immediate impact on our code base
Successfully launched and validated product.
See your work life being used by hundreds of thousands of customers and consumers.
Expedited advancement opportunities and ownership potential.
What your work will look like:
Solving big challenges and working with low-latency, large-scale systems in a small, fast-paced, collaborative environment! In this role, you will design and implement scalable, high-performance web applications using TypeScript, Node.JS, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.
Help shape the technical direction, build tools for a diverse set of problems including server capacity planning and management, service monitoring tooling infrastructure, system inventory, and server provisioning.
Work on a fast-growing SaaS platform that re-imagines car ownership. The platform delivers high-velocity automotive solutions, insights and tools with a 10x improvement focus.
- Someone who takes ownership and pride in their work makes and delivers on commitments and isn't satisfied with anything less than excellence.
- Has the desire to help define the architecture and strategic roadmap for a product used by hundreds of users, balancing business objectives, end-user needs, and technical feasibility
- An exceptional communicator who will be effective on a team
- Lead the development of complex features and solve challenging technical problems.
- Continuously improve and evolve the micro-services architecture.
- Participate in code reviews, API design reviews, and technical product reviews, offering constructive criticism and feedback.
- Promote and maintain high levels of efficiency and quality for both self and the team, with a focus on best practices such as unit testing and continuous delivery.
- Ensure that solutions meet customer and business needs, not just minimum requirements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related area of study.
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- 3 years of experience working as a Senior Software Developer or equivalent position.
- Proven experience delivering multiple full-stack web projects utilizing advanced technologies and addressing complex business requirements
- Track record of leading projects from start to finish, including design, architecture, and development
- Strong understanding of the tech stack used by the company or equivalent technologies and a drive to continuously learn and expand technical knowledge
- Demonstrated skills in software design, performance optimization and scaling solutions
- Expertise in relational database data design practices
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and expertise in Azure will be an advantage.
- On the leading edge of technologies and their applications
If you are interested please send us you resume!