Senior Mobile Engineer
Posted 2 months ago
Apply for this job
Who We Are:
We are on a mission to make food deliveries better. Relay is a technology company that is empowering restaurants to take back ownership of their customers and provide an elevated courier service, and, in turn, provides couriers with industry leading pay and flexibility. Relay's proprietary logistics engine is changing how local economies operate and how goods criss-cross through your city. Relay's goal is to bring efficiencies of scale to delivery and push down the cost of delivery for merchants and customers while simultaneously providing a top tier courier experience.
We are based in NYC and currently operate in NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago, and Washington DC. We fulfill millions of deliveries a year using our distributed network of couriers. Additionally, our software provides a unified management system for orders across all delivery platforms and a scalable courier force to ensure on-time delivery no matter the circumstance.
Our office is located in Chelsea/Flatiron.
About The Role:
Imagine yourself in 2015 thinking through how food delivery should efficiently work, knowing that current solutions were critical but redundant. That's what we're trying to do at Relay — make software that feels efficient, systems first, waste mitigating, and effortless. With that in mind, in this role, you will have the incredibly exciting opportunity to lead building out a revolutionary food delivery discovery experience and take ownership of bringing this to life!
What You'll Do:
- Lead building out our new flywheel platform from scratch.
- Take ownership of the technical aspects of the platform.
- Partner closely with our core business tech team to power the backend of the platform and ensure a seamless integration, and by extension, an excellent platform UX and UI.
- Collaborate with the Product Designer to create an amazing end-user experience that is beautiful and functions just as beautifully.
Skills You'll Bring:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience, ideally across the stack for Mobile but with a focus or deep interest in Frontend Mobile.
- You are capable of building an app from scratch and are excited at the prospect of doing so.
- You are a React Native expert and have used it in a production setting within the last year to build mobile apps.
- You instinctively prioritize UX in anything and everything you do.
- You have an IC mentality and are comfortable both with working autonomously as well as collaborating closely with others cross departmentally.
- You are a thoughtful problem solver. You approach problems holistically by understanding the context first before thinking critically about the implications and nuances that would affect the end user experience. You're able to navigate ambiguity, distill clean solutions from complex problems, and keep an eye on the bigger goal at all times.
Technologies We Use:
- React Native
What We Offer:
- ? Competitive base compensation
- ?? Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
- ? Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- ?? All new laptops and IT equipment
- ? Compelling employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan with company matching
- ? A hybrid office model for NYC employees with a lively and lighthearted office environment in Flatiron
$150,000 - $225,000 a year
Location Note: This role can be either 100% Remote or a hybrid in-office position, however we value real-time collaboration in our teams and are prioritizing candidates in the Eastern time zone for remote positions.
Relay is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.