Apply for this job
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Mobile Engineers at Onfido help our R&D organisation build and operate resilient, scalable, and delightful experiences for our customers. At Onfido, you'd be joining a talented and friendly team that loves to delight its customers with quality and robust code. We care about user and developer experience and we work in an agile way to regularly ship code to production.
We are currently looking for Senior iOS Engineers with a strong knowledge of React Native and/or Flutter to be working on bringing Identities into the virtual world. We are looking for someone who is going to help us build the iOS SDK as well as React Native and Flutter plugins that’s part of the mobile applications of all Onfido’s clients - which means the scale & reach of your work is huge!
As a Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native/iOS) at Onfido you will be:
- Work closely with product designers, product managers, and other engineers to deliver great experiences to our customers and their users, leveraging your strong understanding of the iOS SDK, API design, and mobile engineering good practice as well as strong knowledge of React Native or/and Flutter frameworks.
- Prototype and iterate until the solutions are impactful and well-polished, supporting multiple devices and meeting our accessibility standards.
- Develop solutions using Swift / Type Script / Dart that allow our customers to integrate the iOS SDK, React Native, and Flutter plugins easily within their application, contributing with your knowledge of iOS and React Native / Flutter best practices to make their life easier.
- Improve the reliability and safety of our continuous delivery by contributing to our test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of psychological safety, inclusivity, collaboration, and continuous improvement within the team through participation in retrospectives and feedback.
- Guide and mentor other engineers helping us manage debt, plan refactors, and improve our engineering practices.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer (React Native/iOS) at Onfido you will have experience in the following:
- Shows a strong understanding of modern mobile development, web development is a plus
- Experienced in professional mobile development
- Experience building native iOS applications
- Knowledge of ReactNative or/and Flutter is strongly recommended
- Good technical communication skills
- Solid understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and standards
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service back-end code
- TypeScript, React and GraphQL for our front-end code
- Kotlin and Swift for our native mobile code
- Tensorflow for machine learning
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for the underlying infrastructure
We are technology agnostic at Onfido. We are not looking for you to have experience in all these technologies. As long as you're open to learn, please apply.
You can also learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our tech blog.
Who you are:
We encourage people from all backgrounds, cultures, and skill levels to apply. It is okay to not meet all requirements listed as we are looking for individuals who are passionate, and eager to learn.
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce. This role will be based as advertised on the job description. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
> Generous paid parental leaveFree mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups
*after passing probation
Check out Life at Onfido via our LinkedIn Careers Page!
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.