Apply for this job
Spaceback is the global leader and creator of Social Display.
The Spaceback Social Display creative format bridges the gap between social media and banner advertising - allowing advertisers to combine the user experience of social with the reach of traditional online display, across desktop and mobile.
By using the Spaceback creative technology platform Brands can leverage content they know is effective from their social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin & Tiktok), and use it within their online display campaigns to target audiences across both Programmatic and Direct IO activity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an entrepreneurial software developer to share ownership of our technical vision and execution. As part of our small team, your daily decisions will form the basis of how both our product and company grow. You will be a key contributor in all phases of the development lifecycle from shaping product requirements to shipping features into the hands of paying customers. You will touch all parts of our tech stack: empowered to fix what is broken, maintain what is working and improve what should be better. And above all, you will be trusted to make the best decisions for the business, the team and our customers.
A typical day may include:
• Brainstorming early product ideas
• Refining product and design requirements
• Building new features on our current tech stack
• Making plans for our future tech stack
• Creating tools to improve the team’s efficiency
• Triaging and fixing production issues
• Finding practical solutions to customer requests
• Writing automated tests
• Reviewing teammates code
• Evaluating build-vs-buy decisions for technology needs
• Prioritizing upcoming work with stakeholders
• More than 4 years of experience building and shipping products
• Excellent communicator, especially discussing technical topics with non-technical people
• Experience architecting business-critical React applications
• Confident using latest CSS features while considering maximal compatibility
• Familiar with web development frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django, Express)
• Comfortable with relational databases/SQL
• Willing to teach what you know and eager to learn what you don’t
• Self-motivated to do your best even if no one is watching
• Always looking for opportunities to improve, both yourself and the product
• Thrives in the face of obstacles and uncertainty
• Values autonomy and embraces the responsibility associated with it
• Experience maintaining and deploying applications in cloud environments
• Familiarity with the ad tech landscape
• Experience with some of our tech stack
• Ruby on Rails + PostgreSQL
• Google Campaign Manager
• dbt + BigQuery
• Docker/Docker Compose
• AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3, EC2, SQS)
• Git, Github
Lastly, we have an amazing company culture and we spend a lot of time thinking about how to make it even better. You will be an integral part of helping this culture scale.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spaceback, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this position but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities.