Frontend Software Engineer
Posted 23 days ago
Apply for this job
We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission to disrupt, innovate, and reimage the hearing industry. If you believe fun at work is non-negotiable and want to experience the joy of being a part of helping someone hear life to the fullest again— expect tears of joy— then this is the place for you! Our passionate, fast-paced, energetic team is driven by the belief that people shouldn’t feel like they need a hearing aid—they should want one. So, if working with some of the coolest, most talented folks around and making an impact every single day sounds like a dream gig, then we want to hear from you!
Life deserves to be heard, and at Eargo we are championing hearing wellness for all. With all the non-stop streaming, gaming, and video calls, the assault on our ears is relentless. From discreet design, to at-home screenings, personalization by you, for you, and 24/7 mobile support, Eargo makes better hearing one less thing to think about. At Eargo, we have one mission:To make every aspect of hearing wellness virtually invisible.
Eargo is looking for a full-time Frontend Software Engineer with a passion for building interactive web solutions that will help continue Eargo’s position as the leading direct-to-consumer hearing aid in the market.
You will be working on our public-facing e-commerce site to support our ongoing mission of providing the best-in-class user experience to our customers. You’ll contribute to understanding, debugging, and resolving issues on our React & AEM e-commerce platform (headless coming soon!) to help triage and fix issues as they’re discovered.
This position is excellent for you if you are a curious, collaborative, and open-minded front-end engineer with a strong focus on the user. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small-but-growing team environment and is excited to teach and learn from teammates.
We’re hiring a robust and diverse team across various skill levels, experiences, and interests to help educate customers about our hearing aids and guide them through a seamless purchasing experience.
It's a great time to join Eargo in this continuous and exciting journey to revolutionize the hearing aid market. We are not looking for a developer that has limited experience developing small parts of a system as part of a large team but rather someone who can take the lead and demonstrate their capacity to take projects from inception to delivery and support and ideally has done this successfully transforming the organization’s digital footprint.
Here are a few facts about us:
- We’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Focus on the wellbeing of the team.
- We’re mostly remote but do travel every few months for mind-melds.
What can you expect by joining Eargo?
- By joining the team, you will develop frontend applications, create new functionalities and maintain the existing ones. Our technology stack is based on React, SASS, GitHub, AWS, and Adobe AEM, and in 2023 will be migrating to a headless architecture, making it a fascinating time to join!
- We work in a Scrum team consisting of two-week sprints. We’re a very passionate and hard-working team who prides itself on the things we build for our users, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey.
What You’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in product, design, data, and customer experience to understand business priorities as well as implement beautiful, performant features.
- Collaborating with our product team to determine feature success, confirm bug fixes, and find issues.
- Lead the development of the frontend architecture for new projects and features.
- Examine key design decisions and business goals that have significant effects on the architecture and effectively communicate the results to relevant parties.
- Ensure that the frontend codebase is maintainable, follows best practices, scalable, and easy to understand for other developers.
- Mentor and guide other frontend developers on the team to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in frontend technologies and best practices, and help the team adopt new techniques and approaches as appropriate.
- Work closely with backend engineers to define the APIs and data structures that the frontend will consume.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex frontend issues, and work with the team to come up with solutions and fixes.
- Contribute to the development of project schedules and plans, and help the team stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the continuous improvement of the codebase through refactoring and the implementation of new design patterns and approaches.
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- You’re a seasoned developer. You have at least four years of experience as a developer shipping features for large-scale and real-time applications building consumer-facing products, and actively helping others to improve.
- You will write accessible, W3C (508 compliant) code consistent across all browsers and platforms.
- Have excellent knowledge of React and State Management.
- Have a positive attitude, an aptitude for learning, and generally look for solutions instead of focusing only on problems.
- Like to keep your code clean, care about code quality, and can realize when you’ve over-engineered a solution.
- Familiar with unit tests.
- You’re a product-minded engineer. You’ll foster this mindset by sharing knowledge and ideas and challenging what’s already there.
- You bring excellent attention to detail.
- You're passionate about creating fast, smooth, and user-friendly web experiences. You have a keen eye for web performance and a solid understanding of Core Web Vitals.
- You’re a team-oriented person and care not only about your success but also the success of your fellow team members.
- You have a sense of ownership. You believe in solving a problem entirely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously and follow through on your commitments.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understanding of design principles and user experience design.
- Experience with responsive web design and the ability to create websites and applications that work well on a variety of devices and screen sizes.
You’ll score extra points if you:
- Have experience with NextJS or Nuxt.
- Have been part of a team that’s migrated from legacy systems to a headless architecture.
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo.
Salary: $80,000 - $130,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, your location, etc.
Eargo is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We welcome all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We value unique contributions and openly welcome individuals of all perspectives, experience and backgrounds to apply!