Ripjar specialises in the development of software and data products that help governments and organisations combat serious financial crime. Our technology is used to identify criminal activity such as money laundering and terrorist financing, and enables organisations to enforce sanctions at scale to help combat rogue entities and state actors.
Our team enables the delivery of high-quality software to a variety of environments through technical skills, process implementation and software management, anchored in a continuous innovation culture.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll be happy in a fast-paced development environment and comfortable with the freedom to approach, own and solve problems independently and in a team. You’ll have experience of developing large, complex web applications, and you’ll be used to picking up new technologies quickly.
As a Front End Developer you will:
- Define, develop and test new user-facing features.
- Own features and bugfixes throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work with our UI and UX designers to deliver incredible user experiences.
- Write maintainable and testable code that works across browsers.
- Work with other developers and stakeholders in feature development.
- Interpret product requirements and respond with a coherent technical solution.
- Keep abreast of advances in the field and make recommendations for future technology choices.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Good working knowledge of HTTP and experience consuming RESTful services.
Bonus Technical Skills
We don't need you to have worked with these technologies, but it's great if you have.
- React with Redux.
- Testing web applications with Jest and React Testing Library.
- Webpack and Babel.
- Node.js and Express.
- DevOps technology like Docker/Kubernetes and Ansible.
- Basic Linux skills.
- NoSQL database technologies such as Elastic and MongoDB.
- Competitive base salary per year DOE.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years of service.
- Hybrid working option for employees - 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
- Company Share Scheme.
- Private Family Healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company contributions to your pension.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- The latest tech including a top of the range MacBook Pro.
- Candidates can work from our Cheltenham, Bristol or London offices
Ripjar’s Commitment to Diversity:
“Diversity is essential in the way we operate. Having people from different backgrounds, genders and experiences ensures that we make decisions with a truly global perspective. Diversity gives us strength in our technology, analysis and relationships.” - Maria Cox, Head of People Operations