Apply for this job
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
As a member of the SonarCloud team you'll contribute to the roadmap and the continuous improvement of the product or websites under the responsibility of that team. You’ll also contribute to the team’s growth.
On a daily basis, you will
- Work with Product Managers and UX designers to specify new features
- Do sprints with an integrated team to deliver those new features with the end-user in mind
- Help maintain those features and take into account feedback from colleagues and the community
- Develop those features using React and Typescript
- Write unit tests and integration tests
- Do code reviews and provide meaningful feedback
- Help the team grow in its organization, tools, and processes
- Interact with our community on our product forum to support them
The skills you will demonstrate
- REACT experience essential, with 3-4 years worth of hands-on experience required
- Fluency in source code quality, tests (unit and functional)
- Comfortable with agile practices and principles
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive feedback
- Team-player always willing to help and support others
- Autonomous, proactive and a fast learner
- You take initiative and have the ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Words from the Team
As a Frontend Developer, you’ll join an autonomous team of diverse individuals. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, Backend Developers and other driven people.
You’ll also be part of the cross-team “frontend guild”, in which we share articles, knowledge, breakfasts and silly memes.
All three teams strive to deliver software that is robust, secure, scalable, operable, maintainable, usable and reliable.
Come meet us!
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!