Senior Front End Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
Senior Front End Engineer
Wirescreen.ai is a venture-backed startup with a mission to help global businesses make smarter investment decisions, track their supply chains, monitor cross-border transactions and respond to evolving global risks. Our leadership team includes a Pulitzer Prize winner and senior engineers who have worked at Google, Twitter and Oracle. We aim to build the world’s leading global supply chain platform, and our AI-driven data platform is already the industry leader in tracking Chinese businesses and entrepreneurs.
We are looking for an exceptional React front-end developer passionate about great user experience. As a senior engineer, you will be crucial in shaping how our customers interact with the WireScreen platform. Your day-to-day will design and build several front-end web applications in collaboration with our product designers, back-end developers, and researchers. You will also create and maintain unit tests, functional tests, and UI automation.
What You'll Do at WireScreen:
- As a startup we all wear multiple hats, so you’ll need to be comfortable with both a hands-on mandate and a broader portfolio of responsibilities.
- While there may be some ambiguity as we collectively learn and improve, this role offers a unique opportunity to develop a breadth of skills alongside a highly motivated, capable team.
- Own the technical design and maintenance of front-end applications of the WireScreen platform.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to conceptualize features and improvements.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Turn designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Work with backend engineers to optimize performance and scalability.
- Focus on detail, debuggability, testability, and deployability.
- Stay on top of new technologies and trends in your space.
Who You Are/You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in leading the design and development of web applications with an ability to create solutions using web standards technologies
- Strong UX design skills, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with responsive and adaptive design.
- Understanding of all major browsers and their compatibilities.
- Knowledge of web application testing frameworks, tools, and methodologies.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience with backend implementation, particularly Python and Django.
- A desire to be a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with different audiences while bringing a result-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then we’d love to have you join us!
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Why WireScreen? Why Now?
We are seeking candidates who aspire to excellence; colleagues who are curious, passionate and determined to build something innovative. We are eager to learn new things and collaborate on projects that aspire to change the way people understand the architecture of global business, and its role in shaping our society and the environment.
*The base pay range for this position and to exclude possible bonus, equity, commissions, enhancements, etc is $118,000 - 175,900+ per/year may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience