Senior Front End Engineer
Blackcart’s Try Before You Buy software brings the in-store shopping experience to eCommerce. We integrate into existing eCommerce stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they decide to keep. Blackcart-powered merchants see 24% higher purchase conversions, 51% higher average order values and 39% higher net sales. We are a rapidly growing start-up, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market-leading Try Before You Buy platform. Read about us in TechCrunch!
Blackcart has raised over $10M from a long list of top-tier VCs and has partnered with top eCommerce retailers to grow sales and delight their shoppers. We are growing our team so we can continue to optimize the online shopping experience!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Senior Front End Engineer who will help lead our engineering team and help make key decisions about the architecture of our front end and the implementation of our merchant and client-facing systems. From user-need-driven feature sets to long-range infrastructure and architecture investments, you will get the chance to ship world-class e-commerce software and services.
As the Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with leading e-commerce brands to build and integrate our try-before-you-buy flows in their online store.
- Write clean, maintainable code with a focus on long-term scalability and maintenance.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to build new end-to-end features and improve existing ones.
- Influence the technical direction of our products.
- 5+ years of experience building rich, complex web or mobile applications in React
- Experience building reusable, flexible components
- Familiarity with CI/CD for frontend deployments
- A healthy appetite for tackling and solving challenging problems
- You have worked with e-commerce (Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento) and payment (Stripe, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay) platforms
- Technology we use and teach includes: GCP, React, PHP, Laravel, MySQL, Cypress
- Experience with building design systems and component libraries
- Experience with writing and running Cypress tests
- Experience with retail and eCommerce platforms
- Experience with technology onboarding or implementation processes
- Experience with working in a high-growth startup environment
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto and offer full health benefits
- 500 Startups / venture-backed company
- Casual work environment with extremely talented staff
- Become a part of the transformation and empowerment of the retail industry
- Ability to join an early stage for one of the fastest-growing startups
- Walk in the customer's shoes
- Benchmark against the best
- Speak the truth
- Run head-first into hard problems
- Extreme Ownership
- Care for people
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
Blackcart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.