Apply for this job
Sonar is a fast-growing Atlanta-based software startup funded by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Craft Ventures and Slack, among others. Named one of America’s best startup employers for 2022 by Forbes and ranked in the Top 50 Development Products for 2022 by G2, Sonar is the top-rated Change Intelligence platform for operations teams managing Salesforce. Our technology gives customers a clear view into their tech stack, so they can simplify complex change. We’re looking for go-getters, problem-solvers, and leaders who want to help pioneer our future and invest in our culture. If you’re passionate about making a difference and love working with ambitious peers who put their team first, then Sonar is for you!
Sonar is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer for our Engineering Team that wants to be part of a learning culture that truly puts people first. The Sonar Front End Engineer is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining a best-in-class web application turning detailed design specs into quality code. We are looking for collaboration, innovation, and a focus on solving problems well.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the Product and UX team to design new product features that solve interesting problems for our customers
- Convert those designs into detailed technical stories
- Implement the front-end portions of new features
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the existing codebase
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to design and troubleshoot the required APIs used by the web application
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance Engineers to identify and resolve bugs
- Contribute to team quality vision and strategy
- Perform peer code reviews
- Participate with the team in identifying and implementing process improvements
- Keep abreast of the latest tools and technologies
- Attend scrum ceremonies
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years’ experience with React development
- 3+ year’s experience with HTML and CSS semantics
- Experience working with RESTful APIsExperience with Redux
- Experience working with React and Redux debugging tools
- Experience with WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Solid experience in writing clear agile stories
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development principles
- Experience with the Ant Design UI library a plus
- Experience with esbuild or developing chrome extensions a plus
What We Offer:
- Fully remote work!
- A competitive salary + equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, partial coverage for dependents
- HSA Employer contribution
- Basic Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability: 100% coverage for you
- Voluntary benefits options
- Unlimited PTO - take as much vacation as you need!
- Fully paid and flexible parental leave
- 401k with Company Match
- Brand new laptop or Macbook of your choice
- Annual team outings
- Regular outings for employees in the Atlanta area
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.