Mobile Software Developer
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and we know that different folks thrive in different working environments: Remote, onsite, and everything in between, you’ll find it with us.
The Opportunity - Mobile Software Engineering Co-op
FreshBooks is currently seeking co-op students to join our Engineering team as Mobile Software Engineering Co-ops (either for our Android team or for the iOS team) working Eastern Time or Atlantic Time hours from May 8 - August 25th, 2023.
At FreshBooks, we pride ourselves on our inclusive co-op experience, where you are fully integrated onto a mobile application product team. You will have opportunities to ship production code early into your term - and work with experienced mobile engineers. We are always looking for new perspectives to bring to our teams!
?Our Native iOS and Android applications are built using Swift and Kotlin respectively and are backed by RESTful APIs provided by various Python and Ruby services. We deploy often and you will have the opportunity to see your code deliver an impact to customers around the world!
We are happy to offer 1-on-1 mentorship opportunities with a Senior Mobile Engineer to help shape your unique term at FreshBooks.?
You can read more about us here: https://www.freshbooks.com/interns
What You'll Do as a Mobile Software Engineering Co-op
- Write scalable and high-quality code and beautiful interactive UI components for our Native iOS and/or Android applications.
- Implement robust automated testing schemes to maintain code coverage and quality.
- Collaborate with your team to implement and deploy brand new features to our customers.
- Participate in technical decisions that affect application development and make a lasting impact.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Enthusiasm for learning and professional growth.
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field as part of a co-op program.
- Experience building and working with RESTful APIs and iOS/Android mobile applications.
- Experience with a Version Control System like Git.
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Developing mobile applications during a co-op or work term.
- Kotlin, Python, React Native, Swift, Objective-C.
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our co-ops:
- ?Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Toronto, Canada, and all the equipment and tools you need to ship and grow remotely.
- ? Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organization and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- ? Accelerated growth. A dedicated mentor throughout your term, exposure to and trust with real engineering challenges, and 1:1 time with your manager supports your career development.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
This job posting will close on February 14, 2023 at 9am ET.