Who we are
The US freight market is made up of 1.6 million trucking companies (carriers), and 95% are small businesses with 10 or fewer trucks. Truckers are the backbone of the American economy, providing a crucial logistics service while simultaneously doing all the additional work that comes with owning and operating a small business. The current banking and accounts receivable management technology available today is not built for the unique needs of this industry, forcing carriers to settle for multiple suboptimal solutions. We want to even the playing field and help them take control of their finances by building tools specific to their needs.
We are building a fintech platform that fundamentally understands a trucker’s business and optimizes cash flow to help them save money and grow their business. Outgo is a vertical banking solution that handles invoicing, accounting, factoring, and banking all in one place. We are revolutionizing money management for trucking companies so they no longer have exorbitant rates, hidden fees, or long contracts. We’re a mission driven team that loves building products that put our customers at center. Join us and help us partner with truckers to improve their bottom line.
Our headquarters is in Seattle, WA. We offer a hybrid working arrangement.
About the role
The Outgo engineering team is involved in all aspects of our financial platform. We build resilient, tolerant systems that make decisions and manage money in real time. We create technology that multiplies the productivity of our operations team by automating, optimizing, and visualizing key pieces of the accounts receivable process. We deliver simple, elegant customer applications that build trust with our customers as a financial services provider.
Our tech stack is built on Go (backend) and TypeScript (frontend), with AWS serving our infrastructure. We use an array of modern tools such as React, GraphQL, Pulumi, and Temporal.
We are a seasoned and mature team experienced with both early-stage startups and large enterprises. We love engineers who are excited about building products that help people, and we seek to do work that we are proud to tell people about! We value craft, curiosity, camaraderie and autonomy.
Help us build a world class user experience in a culture that values beautifully designed and executed front end.
About the Role:
You are someone who…
- Demonstrates pride, ownership, and accountability for your work, and expect the same from those you work with
- Shares opinions openly on what's working and what's not across the product, tech stack, and team processes
- Is comfortable with independently owning large features with multiple moving parts
- Seeks feedback early and often in the development process
- Collaborates effectively and empathetically across different roles such as Design, Operations and Product
- Identifies speed vs quality tradeoffs and balances them judiciously
- Believes diverse teams make better decisions, and actively fosters a culture where every person can do their best work
We’d be extra excited if…
- You have examples of public projects or open source contributions
- You have experience giving feedback on and making design choices
- You have prior experience with payments and financial technology
The salary for this role is between $120,000 and $210,000. The specific salary offered will depend on several factors including but not limited to applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience. The hired candidate will be eligible for healthcare benefits, self-managed time off, life insurance, employee assistance program, and twelve holidays. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards.