Apply for this job
At Horizon, we’re building a new dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items.
Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Front End Developer with React.js experience. This role is designed for a strong frontend web developer who's built many apps and is now curious to explore and go from a newb to expert Web3 developer and ship some innovative / very cool products with our proven team. If you don't know anything about Web3, but are amazing at React.js+TS, come speak to us, we'll teach you all you need to know and ramp you up very quickly :) our code bases are very well crafted, with our tools and patterns internally will pave the way for an easy onboarding and mastery.
Our culture values craftsmanship: As a senior developer, you’ll be working with our amazing core team to architect, build, and maintain our React webapps. We also have two incredible products to help you cut your break new ground. You choose designs that are correct, and not just expedient. While we embrace the hacker ethos, we aim to build scalable, cleanly written code that's extensible, and easy-to-read for others. You take pride in your craft.
A self-driven and open-minded developer committed to continued growth will thrive best in this role. While our team is small, you’ll work alongside some of the best engineers, open source contributors, and as part of a company dedicated to your success. You will learn a lot and have the opportunity to make a massive impact.
· Architect, build, and maintain the Skyweaver and Sequence webapps
· Design architectural foundations that are robust and sound, so that future engineers can build on your work with ease and speed
· Evolve our toolchain and build process as needed to move quickly, and effectively
· Work closely with our design, engineering, and product teams, to plan and execute on our product roadmap
· Write unit & integration tests
What we look for
· 4+ years of professional experience working with React.js & Typescript
· Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
· Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
· Ability to work through new and difficult React issues and contribute to libraries as needed
· Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React applications
· Attention to detail
· Strong communication skills, for effective written and verbal communication
· A passion for software development and a commitment to continued learning and growth
· Collaborative and open-minded
· A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
· Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
· Competitive salary and equity package
· Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
· Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
· Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
· Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
· New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
· Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
· We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
· We invest in everyone’s personal development
· Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.