Nimbus® is an award-winning data and software business with a market leading property information platform, Nimbus® Maps.
Using intelligent, comprehensive data on 30+ million UK properties, the platform helps users find residential and commercial, on- and off-market opportunities quickly, and helps assess site viability and connect with owners and other critical stakeholders.
With a vision to ‘help everyone with an interest in property create greater social and economic benefits using our data and technology’ Nimbus® strives to support people to achieve their property goals.
We believe that our people are at the centre of everything we do and that our values drive our vision and our vision drives our development. We are always seeking to improve and keep things simple by using a ‘technology first’ approach to problem solving. We believe that anything is possible and encourage our people to be open, honest and fair in everything they do.
What we need:
- You will maintain and enhance existing code base for existing products and future projects
- Extend the functionality of the existing Nimbus Maps application
- Play a key role in the planning of new and existing features
- Support the production environments with issue investigation, performance monitoring and production resilience
- You will manage your own timescales to deliver work as part of a team according to estimates in an agile way
Current user numbers and sales are growing faster than ever, resulting in fantastic opportunities arising within the data and development division. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a great eye for detail, design and quality, ideally with an interest in property, to join our growing, friendly and dynamic team and help Nimbus continue it’s exponential growth.
The right candidate will enjoy all aspects of frontend React development. We are the market-leading solution for our community of property investors and developers, and your job role will help us to build on that position.
An experienced React developer with specific experience of using the following technologies:
- Good css/style organisation (knowledge of Less or Sass preprocessors)
- Grunt, Gulp, Webpack or similar task/build runner
- Responsive design, mobile first, use of API calls provided
- Writing frontend tests (protractor, karma, Jasmine, JQunit or similar)
- Comfortable with version control systems
- Be a team player who is happy to work alone to complete tasks without direct supervision
- Have good communication skills so that you can communicate ideas, problems and solutions in a user-friendly way to everyone from the interns to the CTO
- Not be afraid of the unknown – working on tasks which require self research and exploration to find solutions
- Have strong problem solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Have a strong belief in documentation and testing
- Have attention to detail
- Have the ability to multi task and work in a dynamic changing environment
- Be a technology enthusiast keeping up to date with the latest trends, skills and frameworks across we technologies
- Commercial experience of app development, including but not exclusive to using NativeScript framework
- Hybrid working (home & office)
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Wide range of health & wellbeing benefits including: 24/7 GP service, personal accident cover, EAP, dental & optical care, discounts towards high street shops
- Social events
- Free onsite parking
- Casual wear
- Casual office environment
- Equipment & home office fund
- Access to the University of Warwick's training events
- Employee referral scheme
If you are looking for an opportunity to join an innovative team and being an integral part of a business at the forefront of bringing change to an entire industry then you have come to the right place.