About LottieLab ? Our mission is to democratise motion design for everyone, everywhere. To create a world of storytellers and make the web more fun through animations!
We have started by helping product folks (mainly designers, devs, and marketers) create more magical digital experiences for their users using animations. We do this through a super easy-to-use animation editor that lets users create Lottie animations from scratch, and edit them collaboratively from within the browser.
From the Duolingo app characters to the slick animations on websites like Apple or Stripe, the use of animations to delight users is rapidly growing! It is no longer a differentiator, people expect delightful UX. We are the tool enabling this future.
With LottieLab, we are fast becoming one of the most exciting startups entering the creative tools space and have been absolutely blown away by the reaction of the industry to what we're building.
We are a small and efficient team and we haven't even started scratching the surface of the explosive outcomes we are capable of. That's why we also need you, the best and most curious, with us on this journey. If that's you, read below!
- ?? How you work: Our frontend engineers are unicorn developers who work across frontend and design. Do you love solving customer problems and building, but don't want to be limited by your title? Can you not only code a frontend but also have an eye for aesthetic and intuitive design? If so, we'd love to have you! Our frontend engineer role leaves you free to be creative and not feel that your role is limited to one language. We build our teams around solving customer problems, not around a tech stack.
- ? Product Passion: Does the idea of interactive animations and storytelling excite you? Do you love beautiful design? Have you ever worked with animated graphics? Whether that's motion design, gaming, stop motion, or frame-by-frame animation, we'd love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- You'll work with others to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance. For example, you might build a tool for editing Bezier curves, starting with how a user thinks about drawing lines, and finishing with how can I render curves and handles in real time over a network.
- You'll help improve performance and reliability, or polish existing features. For example, you might make rendering 10x faster, or you might halve the latency between a user in Asia and a user in Europe.
Skills we love in our team
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Scrappy and Experimentation-driven: Beyond UX design research and Figma UIs, you understand that sometimes the best way to figure out a solution is to be scrappy and build functional versions. You thrive in testing various hypotheses live with users, learn and iterate quickly towards a high-quality solution.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about tradeoffs. You may be opinionated, but you're not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real-time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Team player: You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same.
Skills top candidates may have
? We are not restrictive regarding familiarity with specific technologies. Your attitude towards, and aptitude for learning new skills is disproportionately more important. Given all the skills we outlined above align with you, experience in the following areas may allow you to get comfortable with our work more easily:
- Manipulating the 2D Canvas
- Familiarity with the SVG specification
- Comfortable with graphics programming
- Experience with generative art
- Experience experimenting with WebGL, WebGPU and/or WebAssembly
- Game development background
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully remote working environment (you can be based anywhere)
- Flexible working hours and high level of autonomy
- Fully expensed quarterly off-sites so you can meet the team face to face and bond with your colleagues
- Work from home allowance, and tech/ software you need to allow you to work your best
How to apply:
If you are someone who enjoys beautiful design, working with animated graphics and enjoys solving customer problems and building, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume to apply below.
Feel free to also reach out to our Talent Acquisition Consultant, Valentina Bechara (email@example.com)