At SimplyCook our mission is to bring joy and exceptional flavour to millions of mealtimes globally, by making it easy for our customers to cook delicious and exciting meals at home.
We’re a tech-enabled food subscription business delivering close to a million products a month to our customers all over the UK and we are growing quickly. Our core product is a monthly subscription box containing flavour kits (sauces, spices, pastes) and super simple recipe cards to make it quick and easy for customers to discover and cook new meals. This product is supported by Android and iOS apps - using the latest React Native framework - and our website.
We’re backed by Nestlé who share our ambitious growth plans and vision. We might be a relatively small team but we manage to punch well above our weight by being agile in our decision making, collaborative in how we work together and, most importantly, incredibly passionate about sharing our products with more and more people.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join one of our cross-functional product squads, working closely with our product designers. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in helping us evolve and develop our digital platform. This is a great time to be joining the tech team at a pivotal moment, as we start to scale into product teams and look to make use of the latest tech.
As Senior Frontend Developer you will:
- Help us drive business outcomes by keeping a growth mindset. You’ll be collaborating with your cross functional product squad on new ideas and working with the team to develop the pipeline of new feature releases and improvements in the user experience.
- Be involved in designing and developing applications. You’ll be be scoping, designing and creating bespoke solutions to help us transform designs and product ideas into technical requirements and code.
- Be helping to improve the performance of our website. You’ll help to write code and implement new features that help us maintain and reduce the loading speed of our site. We’re constantly looking to improve our page speed score and you’ll play a pivotal part in this.
- Keep experimenting at the heart of what you do. We’re a data driven business and the test & learn mindset is at the heart of what we do. You’ll help to build products through experimenting, helping launch A|B tests and iterating on ideas.
- Help protect the customer experience. You will follow best practices with testing and deploying code to help us minimise bugs and disruptions to our customers.
As we review our tech stack, we’re undergoing a period of big change, but right now the technologies you can expect to use or support are:
- LAMP, Symphony
- React, Node
- React Native
- AWS Lambda
- SQS and other event driven tech
- EC2 spot instances
- Git, Github actions, Terraform, CircleCI
- You are an experienced Full Stack Developer, with fundamental React knowledge
- You will have a strong understanding of software design
- You have brilliant communication skills, with the ability to explain new concepts in a human friendly way
- You are comfortable working within a team and collaborating with a cross functional teams to solve problems
- You have a growth mindset and a desire to keep learning
- At SimplyCook, you get 35 days of annual leave per year, bank holidays are included in this
- We’re a climate positive workforce. This means, as a business we offset the carbon footprint of our employees with help from Ecologi. Each month, we offset carbon and plant trees in our forest
- We are remote first- although we have an office in London, how your working week is set up is entirely up to you!
- Pension scheme