Company Name: tastylive
As a Senior Web Frontend Engineer, you will be part of an experienced team that builds out the technology that powers our retail brokerage business and supports our other business initiatives. We care about the speed and stability of our back-end systems as much as we care about the customer-facing applications we create.
What you'll do
- Work on a next generation retail web platform based on the latest Web standards
- Write application code using the Svelte.js framework
- Read and navigate an extensive Java code base that encapsulates shared behavior logic
- Improve the code quality of a large code base by participating in code reviews via pull requests
- Participate in an agile development process
- Partner/collaborate with other teams
- Concept/Design from the UX/UI team
- Review/Testing from the QA team
- Collaborate with other Senior engineers to establish best practices and make critical engineering decisions.
- Mentoring and guidance for less experienced engineers
- Proactively learn the business domain to better understand the business intent
- Assisting in creating/managing development tasks/tickets
Who you are
- Substantial experience with a deployed modern Single Page Application framework such as React, Vue, or Svelte
- Reading Java source code and actively contributing changes to it
- Doing pull-requests to submit work for review and review work done by other peers
- Translate UX/UI designs into application code
- Experienced with command line tools such as git and npm
- At home in an IDE such as WebStorm or Visual Studio Code
- Provide critical feedback on work in a professional manner
- Capable of deciding when a code change needs to be more substantial in order to accomplish a long term goal vs doing what is necessary immediately
- Performance Bonuses
- Subsidized Engineering Training Program
- Stock Purchase Options
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Wellness & Mental Health Programs
- Charitable Donation Matching
- Two Paid Volunteer Days Off
- Daily catered lunch when in the office
- Full kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office
- In-building gym
- CTA stop a block away, Shuttle to/from Metra
- Office located in the West Loop - Chicago's growing center of tech, great cuisine, and high-end bars
The tastytrade, Inc. family of companies empowers individual traders differently. Founded in 2011 as an online financial media network, tastylive is now affiliated with companies like a brokerage firm (tastyworks in 2017), a research lab (quiet foundation in 2018), and a magazine (luckbox in 2019). In 2021, London-based IG Group acquired tastytrade, Inc. and assigned it to lead business in North America. This combined team has years of experience like institutional brokers but also a passion for disrupting the entire trading industry.
Our dream is simple: we want more people to find more success with a better trading experience. That’s why we’re investing heavily in the right people, technology, and media to make that happen in the US and across the globe.
The diversity of our offerings and the technology that powers them provide our engineers with exposure to a broad set of tools and the opportunity to dig deep into specific problems.
We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic, and who truly enjoy creating and operating large, highly available, and performant systems. Our team is lean at roughly 45 members, and we follow a management philosophy that values the autonomy of our engineers.
*This role can be fully remote or hybrid
19 N Sangamon St.
Chicago, IL 60607
tastyworks | IG NA
1000 W Fulton Market #220
Chicago, IL 60607
*Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they have every single qualification. Our team is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!