High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Indianapolis. This position will be with High Alpha’s latest company, which is pre-public launch. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha team while reporting directly to the CTO. If you’ve ever been interested in working at a company from scratch as a member of the initial team, this is it!
About this role:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer and an early team member, you'll be instrumental in developing our product and shaping the culture of our team. Working closely with the CTO, engineering peers, product design, and customer-facing teams, you’ll build elegant web and mobile user experiences and impactful features that meet our performance, scalability, and reliability standards. As the team grows, you'll guide and mentor other engineers and focus on making the engineering team more efficient, more focused, and a great place to be. You'll also be a hands-on frontend architect, partnered with other senior engineers, and balancing your time between frontend systems design and implementation.
We're looking for someone excited to start with a blank page and create a new platform from the ground up. This is your opportunity to build a debt-free foundation and influence technical direction, development practices, and performance metrics from the start. Opinionated customer advocates are encouraged to apply
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with a small group of stakeholders to refine design and UX, influence technical direction and technology selection, and help guide scoping and prioritization decisions
- Design, build, and deploy scalable, secure, and performant frontend applications
- Help to establish our foundational infrastructures and release activities, including automated QA, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Actively monitor the health of our codebase, looking for inefficiencies, technical debt, or anti-patterns, and work with the team to identify and implement solutions.
- Be a champion of quality, security, and performance
- Guide and mentor other engineers and assist with new hire onboarding
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience in frontend engineering and architecture.
- Expertise in developing frontend platforms and systems using React/Redux, TypeScript, VueJS, or similar technologies. Full-stack experience is a plus.
- Experience leveraging common web/browser APIs
- Deep working knowledge of core web concepts and technologies.
- Ability to design and implement scalable, secure, and efficient software solutions.
- Passion for building new products and driving them to successful completion.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment.
- $120k - $130k annual salary based on experience
- Great benefits, including healthcare, dental, and vision coverage for employees
- Equity grants
- Monthly equipment stipend to cover laptop, monitor, and any software or equipment you may need
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.