Apply for this job
We're looking for a Frontend engineers for our partner Marshmallow!
They're the tech company making insurance more accessible and more affordable for as many people as possible.
They’re proud of their journey so far. They’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers get fairer cover, all while polishing a 4.6 star Trustpilot score. But they’re just getting started.
Over the next 2 years, they’re planning to help even more people by launching products and services across different sectors and countries ?
If you're looking for a challenge, their next chapter is set to be an exciting one ?
They've created a culture of trust which allows them to work autonomously without fear of failure, to challenge decisions, and be heard. It empowers them to drive their own careers and to move at unparalleled speed. And because they're treading new ground, they're all mastering new skills along the way.
Engineering at Marshmallow
- Their engineers are at the heart of the solutions. They work on product builds from start to finish, solving lots of challenges to help the company build fast and scale up! Their engineers cover a range of skills across frontend, backend, fullstack, iOS and android, and work alongside designers, data scientists, researchers and product managers within their product teams.
- Their product teams include: the new Home team, the Growth team, the Efficiency team, and the Claims team (to name a few!) Each team sets its own roadmap, and actively pushes their codebase forward.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll help us design, implement, test and ship high-quality experiences for our customers across our website
- You’ll be helping us grow our fledgling component library, S’mores, and ensure consistency and reusability across our website, and soon-to-be native mobile apps.
- You’ll build upon our current suite of unit tests and end-to-end tests to improve the reliability of our frontend
- You will mentor other Engineers who want to dive deeper into React, Redux and TypeScript
- You will be tracking bugs in Datadog and Sentry and triaging which need fixing right away
- You’ll be diving deep into setting up funnel analytics with Segment, GTM and working with Product Managers to learn more about our customers
- You’ll be joining a Frontend Guild of other fantastic engineers and helping shape the frontend at Marshmallow
What they are looking for from you:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Frontend Developer
- Commercial experience with React
- Experience working with Redux or RTK, Redux Hooks, or any modern state management library
- Experience testing front-end code (we use Jest and React Testing Library)
- Experience of using CSS-in-JS (we use Styled Components) and implementing responsive design
- Experience creating or working with design systems (we use Storybook to build our components)
- Plus: You have worked in a start-up and understand the need to move fast and understand your customers needs
You are the ideal candidate if:
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership
- You understand and champion for clear communication channels
- You have a can-do attitude and take initiative
- You enjoy simplifying complex problems and solutions
- You enjoy working as part of a team and owning the work you do
- You are able to prioritise key tasks for speed and successful delivery
- You understand and are an advocate of the business impact of your work whether that is directly or indirectly
- You have an eye for detail but also are a generalist who loves creating strategies
- You enjoy working in a high growth/scaling environment
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting lesser experienced members of the team
- You’ve got an eye for design and strong attention to detail. You can spot UX issues that would trip up a customer a mile away
Perks of the job:
- Flexi-office working – Spend at least 2 days a week with your team in their new collaborative Budapest office. The rest is up to you! ?
- Learning and development – Personal budgets for books and training courses to help you grow in your role. Plus 2 days a year - on us! - to further your skillset ?
- Mental wellbeing support – Access therapy and mental health sessions through Oliva ?
- Equity – Get options in Marshmallow as part of your offer, and have a real stake in the company’s success ?
- SZÉP card - Budget to spend on meals, leisure and accommodation ??
If you'd like to learn more, APPLY or feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com :)