Remote (CET +/- 2 hours)
We are excited to be partnering with OutThink to support them in hiring a Remote Frontend Software Engineer.
We are seeking a Frontend Software Engineer to join our exciting start-up, working within a high-performing agile engineering squad, and playing a key role in building and delivering OutThink’s ground-breaking SaaS Cybersecurity Human Risk Management Platform. The platform provides innovative and just-in-time learning experiences, nudges, and simulations to hundreds of thousands of users around the world via both desktop and mobile devices. At the same time, the system monitors training responses, collects security system data and continually gathers feedback. All this data is collated and processed by our cloud engines in Azure, culminating in the provision of sophisticated predictive human risk management models. Our models can drive automated countermeasures, and present analysis results via the delivery of highly visual and interactive online dashboards.
The RoleYou will be working within a high-performing engineering squad, helping to design and build innovative and interactive training experiences supported by highly sophisticated SaaS web applications. You will be building highly visual graphical elements and dashboards that must look stunning and operate smoothly to produce a seamless and polished experience for our users.
This is a predominantly remote role in a remote team where open feedback, new ways of working and thinking out of the box are encouraged and expected.
What You’ll Need
- A keen eye for detail.
- An appreciation of responsive and interaction design.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and proactive attitude with strong initiative, team-working skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other numerate or semi numerate disciplines.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English in all forms.
- An understanding of the principles behind great software design, allowing you to write code that’s clean, fast, and scalable.
- Well-practiced with Agile Development Methodology, working in short sprint cycles.
- Proven commercial expertise with both React and Redux.
- TypeScript. Intermediate to advanced knowledge is essential.
- CSS. It is essential that you are comfortable working with CSS and can effectively translate complex UI/UX requirements into real-world solutions.
- Jest Testing Framework.
- Experience with localization, in particular, building for non-western audiences.
In Return, You’ll Receive
- This a rare opportunity to help build a global SaaS business and have full visibility of the entire operation
- You’ll learn and grow at a breakneck speed
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly, and hardworking team.
- Flexible remote working
- Share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
- 34 days paid holiday (including public holidays)
- Plus, an extra day off on your birthday!
- In-person hackathons and social events happening somewhere in Europe at least twice per year.
All OutThinkers are part of the journey, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above market rate salaries for companies of our size.
We are a remote-first company headquartered in London with teams across EMEA. You will be based in the UK, Spain or South Africa and are willing to travel, as the role requires.
We believe in: Trust and Integrity, Innovation, Customer Centricity, Purpose and Collaboration and are looking for someone who lives and breathes our values. We strive to be ‘exceptional’ in everything we do and have a lot of fun along the way!
All OutThinkers are part of our journey, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above-market-rate salaries for companies of our size.
Beyond this, plenty more makes OutThink an incredible place to work!