A great hands-on full stack development and uplift role for anyone looking to contribute a rapidly growing and high impact solution! We have multiple positions for .NET Core and React developers to join as an integral part of our new development and modernisation program. Full stack preferred, but back-end leaning candidates are also ideal. Flexible and remote working options are available.
MyDeal.com.au (ASX:MYD) is one of Australia’s fastest growing tech companies. Our web solution provides an online marketplace, focused on “everything for your home” (furniture, homewares, garden, appliances and more). We connect our customers with millions of products sold by Australia’s leading retailers. MyDeal is also partnering with Woolworths Group, which will deliver a step change in the growth of our retail platform by accessing sector leading capabilities across ecommerce, supply chain, retail, loyalty and more.
This role will report directly to the Software Development Manager, working to help complete our migration to .NET 6 / ASP.NET Core, as well as contributing to major platform development. As part of this work, we are also looking for someone to help drive new technologies and ideas, including adoption of our new SSR React framework. Hands on exposure to a well-crafted AWS / Azure DevOps stack and a high volume 24/7 system.
This is an autonomous role where you will play a key part in design & development of our core applications and on time delivery of projects within the organization. The tech team is a small, but highly productive, group that values supporting individual needs and flexibility in how work is completed. Closely connected to the business, developers have a strong influence on the work we undertake and contribute to our overall tech strategy.
- Work on a well established platform to apply best practices and drive further scalability.
- Help define our tech strategy, ensuring the most effective and modern approaches are used to help achieve our goals.
- Help design new features and even whole solutions that extend the MyDeal suite.
- Work on back-end tasks such architecting and designing REST API’s, understanding and modifying existing implementation, front-end tasks such as UI Component creation.
- Collaborate with product, operations and marketing teams to implement requirements.
- Assess designs for robustness, scalability and performance.
- Solid development background in .NET stack including C#, ASP.NET Core, RESTful APIs.
- Experienced in front end technology, with good exposure to React.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, domain-driven development, dependency injection and general design patterns.
- Proficient in using Entity Framework Core and SQL Database design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefers working in a team environment, looking for best outcomes for all involved.
- Skilled in responsive web design, CSS and accessibility.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as DynamoDB and MongoDB.
- Exposure to key AWS services (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, ElastiCache, OpenSearch).
- Work in a dynamic and inclusive start-up culture with passionate people that collectively possess over 100 years of eCommerce experience.
- Play an important role in an ASX listed company that is experiencing unprecedented growth.
- Industry competitive remuneration in a full-time permanent position.
- Strong support for work-from-home and remote development.
- A modern Collins Street CBD office easily accessible by tram, bus and train.
- Excellent equipment provided including sit/stand desks, powerful laptop and dual 4K monitors with full motion stands.
Up for the challenge? Apply now with your CV and cover letter
We look forward to seeing your application!
MyDeal.com.au is an equal opportunity employer and screens applications without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.