Hi, we’re Jabra Hearing.
We’re on a mission to empower tens of millions of people to hear better through convenient, personalized hearing care — at a fraction of the cost thanks to telemedicine. In three years, we went from a scrappy startup to a leader in the direct-to-consumer hearing care space with the backing of our parent company GN, a global pioneer in intelligent audio solutions, to prove it. We partnered with Jabra (also in the GN Family) to create the Jabra Enhance online hearing business. Leveraging GN's expertise and Jabra's pioneering audio engineering helps us make our hearing care even more accessible and affordable.
We’re a data-thirsty, outcomes-driven group that cares as deeply about our employees as we do our customers. We’re led by a diverse crew of enormously talented thinkers, creators, and doers who are as collaborative as they are compassionate (and passionate). The team at Jabra Hearing includes actors, sommeliers, top-chefs, dancers, black belts, filmmakers and countless four-legged furry sidekicks.
About the role.
We are looking for a Lead React Native Engineer to build out our mobile app and infrastructure for both iOS and Android. You will be responsible for feature development and native maintenance on our React Native app, which integrates both Jabra Hearing’s telehealth services and controls for Jabra Hearing’s cutting-edge bluetooth-enabled hearing aids into a single unified whole. This position reports to the Director of Mobile Engineering.
What you’ll do.
- Architect and lead new robust end-to-end features in our React Native app
- Documentation (e.g. architectural decisions, how-tos, retrospectives, issues)
- Research, analyze and suggest software solutions
- Distill feature descriptions into requirements while catching edge cases and raising unexpected implications to stakeholders
- Refactor code to adapt to updated requirements
- Integrate functionality from native (Swift+Kotlin) SDKs into our app
- Build reusable tools, code and libraries for future use
- Maintain iOS and Android apps according to industry best practices
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams to build a user-friendly interface for empowering users to take charge of their hearing health
- Collaborate closely with external teams on new features and support issues
- Debug complex issues in tandem with our Mobile QA team
- Perform code reviews and ensure that releases are stable
- Write code to test new features
- Mentor other engineers on the team providing kind and thoughtful feedback
- Proactively look for ways to improve the app
- Participate in daily scrum ceremonies, aligned to East Coast business hours
What you’ll bring.
- 10+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- 6+ years experience of developing native mobile apps for Android and/or iOS (Kotlin or Swift is preferred)
- Deep understanding of native app development practices and how to build reliable and scalable mobile apps
- Familiarity with multiple languages and a commitment to using the best tool for the job
- Experience releasing mobile apps on the Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Bonus points for:
- Extensive experience with React Native or react.js
- Familiarity with server-side technologies such as Node.js
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environment
- Experience with A/B testing and app performance optimization
- Experience with writing test cases for new features (Integration, Unit, …)
- Experience with managing devices via bluetooth or wireless
- Experience with Redux Toolkit
- Experience with Test Automation
A sneak peek at our benefits.
- You’re worth it. Our compensation is competitive ($200,000 to $230,000 plus eligibility for an annual performance bonus), and our 401k plan includes matching up to 4%.
- Take care of yourself and your loved ones. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance and contribute generously to it. Adding a new member to your family? We also provide 12-weeks paid parental leave.
- Fill that well! Whether you check out America’s natural treasures or just veg out on your couch, enjoy your paid time off. We encourage time off.
- Nomnom on us. Jabra Hearing offers a weekly lunch stipend. (Pro tip: Groceries count.)
GN Consumer Hearing Corporation (d.b.a. Jabra Hearing) is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Jabra Hearing, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Jabra Hearing.