Senior Software Engineer
Posted 6 months ago
Apply for this job
Kunai is a fast-growing digital agency of 120+ people specializing in fintech. Our fully remote team is driven by innovation and experimentation. Over the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for clients that include Visa, the United Nations, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, and TOMS Shoes. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015.
Kunai is looking for a full-time senior software engineer to join our engineering team.
This is a 100% remote role, but you must be located in the United States.
About the project:
Since 1988 our client has been the top personal finance management software for millions of consumers. They pioneered a radically easier and faster way for people to manage their household finances. Since then, they’ve continued to focus on delighting customers and making their products and experience better than ever. They are committed to helping people lead healthy financial lives. They’re reinvigorating their trusted brand and creating new products to become the most used, most loved, and most effective personal finance software. As part of it, they have brought to market a new web & mobile offering for customers, delivering an awesome personal finance experience.
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to be part of our front end engineering team developing applications that will be key to our future business. You will be part of a dynamic team using the latest technology and tools to build high-quality applications that delight our customers. This is an opportunity to work in a customer-driven company with a collaborative team that values technical excellence, innovation, and creativity while being good to each other and having fun!
Come and make an impact!
- Be a technical, hands-on engineer producing high-quality code following the best architecture and design standards
- Interact with Product Manager and UX Designer to understand the requirements and perform the corresponding technical implementation
- Work closely with technical leads and other engineers to ensure that your code fits well with the rest of the application
- Ensure high quality by thoroughly testing your code including unit testing and partnering closely with the QA team for integrated testing
- Build code that meets high standards for non-functional requirements like performance and scaling
- Be responsive to customer feedback and take prompt appropriate actions whenever needed
- Prepare meaningful technical documentation of the work you perform
- Follow Kanban principles and processes that govern the software development life cycle
- Develop domain knowledge in personal finance
- Strong knowledge of React, React Native and common tools in the React ecosystem such as node and npm
- Experience with developing in at least one of the native platforms, Android preferred
- Solid application design and coding skills
- Experienced working in and Agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills – being able to clearly articulate technical concepts and issues
- Confident yet humble in attitude, open to receiving feedback, and adjust as needed
- Learning mindset, curious about new things