Apply for this job
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer - Mobile, you will design and implement end-to-end solutions for large-scale features, profile app performance to prevent feature bloat or battery drain, and help maintain a high bar with thoughtful and constructive code reviews.
Our tech stack: ReactNative, React, Redux, Typescript, Rails, Redis, Postgres, Aptible, AWS and GraphQL. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD. We deploy iOS and Android updates to users every two weeks. Our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Every day, you’ll review 2x more PRs than you open.
- Every sprint, you’ll ship meaningful, beautiful features that help reinforce healthy habit formation.
- Every month, you’ll address a couple performance or architecture concerns, balancing feature development with long-term tech investments to keep the platform healthy and nimble.
- Every quarter, you’ll help define the objectives and key results that will shape your team’s roadmap.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Delivery: Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones
- Domain Expertise: Fluency in React Native or similar cross-platform mobile development tools and a passion for user experience
- Problem Solving: Business intuition that informs right-sized solutions, thoughtful trade offs, and game-changing innovation
- Communication: Clear, inclusive communication with both teammates and non-technical partners
- Leadership: A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
The range of base salary for the position is between $106,400 - $159,600, plus equity, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. Today, Hinge Health is the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by 4 in 5 employers and nearly 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. We work with 900+ customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 20 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.