React Frontend Developer
Who We Are :
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia! Visit www.arcadia.com.
HQ: Washington, DC & Chennai
$1.5B valuation; $380M funding to date
What we’re looking for:
This role is based out of Chennai, India with a hybrid remote first approach. Our core stack includes React, NextJS, Prismic and AWS. In your application, please include a link to GitHub or another place where your code is published, though we understand that not everyone has public code online.
What you’ll do:
Help enhance our Arcadia.com website & empower our Marketing team to independently maintain the content through our Prismic CMS.
- Write React components and work on client application architecture
- Use modern software development practices to quickly test, integrate, and deploy new features, pushing to production multiple times per day
- Pair and collaborate frequently with other engineers, discuss code patterns, and deeply review code
- Have the opportunity to mentor junior developers and lead roadmap planning
- Learn about new web technologies, continue to build knowledge in existing ones, discuss potential solutions to problems, and gain access to educational materials
- Increase test coverage & reliability and help troubleshoot production issues
- Seize opportunities to improve the developer experience
• 2+ years of prior experience in a software engineering role
• Collaborative nature, love of mentoring & learning from other engineers, and inclination to always treat others with empathy and humanity
• Ability to scope, prioritize, and deliver on project commitments
• Flexibility, initiative, and a fast learning curve
• Enthusiasm for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
• 2-8 years of prior experience in a software engineering role
• Experience with modern frameworks and platforms that align with our stack:
o Node (Express)
o Prismic (CMS)
• Experience with automated testing (ideally Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library, Cypress)
• Experience with modern design patterns (ideally SCSS, styled components, CSS modules, and Storybook)
• Experience building out CMS
• Experience with mobile development
• Experience with accessibility requirements
• A/B testing experience
- Salary not a constraint for the right candidate
- We are operating on a hybrid model on a roster with remote first policy
- Apart from Fixed Base Salary potential candidates are eligible for following benefits
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Office located in the heart of the city in case you need to step in for any purpose
- Medical Insurance (1+5 Family Members)
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Awards and Bonus
- Annual performance cycle
- Quarterly engagement activities
- A supportive engineering culture that values diversity, empathy, teamwork, trust, and efficiency
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.