Bullhorn is the global leader in software for the staffing industry. After more than 20 years, more than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Led by the original co-founder, partnered with venture capital, and powered by seasoned leaders across a global workforce with an eye toward innovation, Bullhorn has had year over year growth, making it the market leader in the recruitment software space while allowing for new opportunities for over 35% of our employees to advance their careers in 2021.
We are a remote-first organization and over 30% of our employees reside outside the United States. Headquartered in Boston, we also have offices in St. Louis, London, Brighton, Rotterdam, Frankfurt and Sydney (just in case you’re in the area to stop by). Whether you’re local or remote, our vision is to ensure every employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path for success. Your incredible experience as an employee will consist of flexible work hours to ensure a positive work-life balance and use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected.
About the Role
Reporting to our Senior Director of Software Engineering, the Senior React Native Developer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, auditing and improving mobile applications to meet particular customer needs, often as advised by a systems analyst or architect.
A typical day will include...
- Work as part of a small team to build and maintain React Native iOS / Android applications.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native components with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API’s.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Work as part of a small team, which will include other developers, a project manager, QA professional, and a designer.
- Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Work with modern tools including Jira, Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc.
This role is a fit for you if you have...
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken english).
- A passion for software development. It’s not just your career, it’s also your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with GraphQL
- First hand experience in the healthcare industry or experience working with healthcare clinicians
- Experience in the staffing and recruiting industry
What we offer...
-Medical, Dental, Critical Illness, Basic Life & AD&D and more
-Full access to Linkedin Learning
-Quarterly Paid Volunteer Days
-Lucrative Employee Referral Program (eligible for prior to your first day)
Bullhorn's core purpose is to create an incredible customer experience, which starts with first creating an incredible employee experience. Our vision is for every employee to have a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path for success. We are committed to building diverse and inclusive teams, and our culture is shaped by our five core values: Ownership, Energy, Speed & Agility, Service, and Being Human.
We’re looking for real-life humans, each with their own unique set of thoughts, beliefs, cultures, identities, and a background and body that is completely individual. We also love humans who have taken less traditional paths of education and believe that experience and learning come in many forms. Together, all these unique individuals make Bullhorn stronger. If you’re reading this, you’re probably applying for/considering applying for a job with us, and we want you to know that Bullhorn is an equal opportunity employer. For us, that means we always have, and will always, strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment and that we do not and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.