Senior Software Developer
Rent., a Redfin company, is the leading technology company in the property rental industry. Our proprietary AI platform offers robust products and services that simplify our clients' entire leasing lifecycle, whether building a property’s brand, attracting and converting new renter leads, or nurturing current residents for renewals.
We take the hassle out of renting. Period.
An opportunity at Rent. empowers you to learn and grow within a collaborative environment. We celebrate the wins together and always look for opportunities to improve. If you are looking for a team where you can make a true impact, Rent. is the place for you. We invest in the success of our employees because we know it’s our people that make Rent. such a great place to work.
Rent. is looking for a Sr. React Engineer (100% Remote) who is passionate about creating intuitive solutions that make sense and “feel” right to the end-user. We need Engineers who want to develop creative, efficient solutions that imbue millions of users with delight and a natural understanding of their rental choices through our network of websites and applications.
This role will report to an Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the mentorship of more junior engineers.
Rent. is a disruptor with top technology, focused on simplifying the rental experience and creating digital marketing solutions for the rental industry. With over 15 million monthly unique views, we’re taking the industry by storm.
In primary service to Rent’s consumer product teams, the React Team is responsible for ensuring that the architecture of all Rent’s software application frameworks are maintainable, extensible, modifiable, and reusable. This front-end engineering team brings a level of experience building software, launching products, and a solid base of computer science acumen.
The team is open to 100% Remote. Our Engineers are spread across the US, so no matter where you work – we can connect with you and get the job done.
A Day in the Life
The Sr. React Engineer will be expected to consistently deliver outcomes in the following:
- The product team effectively achieves product feature goals, as a direct result of the solutions produced by the engineering team
- has bug-free and performant website(s) that are rapid, user-friendly, and produce high-quality leads for our customers
- The Engineering Manager is kept consistently abreast of challenges and bottlenecks that they are experiencing and/or anticipating, and the right matters are escalated.
- Has a reputation for being helpful, knowledgeable, and productive; able to rapidly execute product vision, and for shipping versions of products that solve problems
- maintains a competitive advantage through the adoption and use of modern technology
- Features are rolled out across a portfolio of products at once
- Employees are continuing to grow through mentoring
What do we need from you?
- Solid web development experience building and launching products using modern SPA front-end techniques
- Experience working alongside a multi-engineer team has experience architecting and implementing consumer-facing software
- Thorough understanding of web programming: expertise in HTML5/CSS/JS
- Thorough understanding of React
- Understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Experienced with version control system (Git, preferably)
Still interested? Upload your resume and a Recruiter will check it out as soon as possible.
A Few Of Our Perks and Benefits:
- Immediate 401k match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid volunteering days
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee discounts
- Covered parking or Marta stipend (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
- On-site gym (for Atlanta HQ - based employees)
Why Choose Rent.?
We’re a place where you can make an important difference, from day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and build, both professionally and in the communities we serve. You’ll work with smart, diverse, and unpretentious people, as we help renters find and enjoy their ideal home. In fact, we consider ourselves a very well-funded start-up that also has more than 40 years in the industry and strong financial performance.
Rent. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce, customers and third parties, Rent. conducts background screening after making conditional offers for employment. All screening is conducted consistent with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance and state and local Fair Chance Act guidance, and Rent. encourages applications from, and fully considers, qualified applicants with criminal record histories.