Senior React Native Engineer
What is Moment?
Moment, formerly known as Moment House, is an immersive community platform. We help creators across disciplines design, deploy, and monetize social experiences where their global communities gather. Live ticketed Moments with creators from Justin Bieber, Halsey, and Anderson Paak to Morbid: A True Crime Podcast, Tame Impala, Tiny Meat Gang, Kaytranada, Whitney Cummings, Yuna, and KYGO have connected music, art, podcast, and comedy communities of millions across 168 countries. As a conduit for the community, we're expanding our immersive experiences platform with utility-forward products and features to enable creators to build stronger bonds with their communities in real-time.
Moment is backed by leaders across technology and entertainment: Forerunner Ventures, Scooter Braun, Jimmy Iovine, Troy Carter, United Talent Agency, Google Ventures CEO David Krane, Patreon CEO Jack Conte, former TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer, Box CEO Aaron Levie, Post Malone co-manager Austin Rosen, Matthew Ball, Jared Leto, and more.
What you’ll do
- Become a leader in defining methodologies for how we do mobile engineering here at Moment House.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with the best solutions and implementation plans for new features or changes to existing ones.
- Implement UX and UI in our customer facing app and sometimes design it yourself based on our existing design system and components.
- Contribute to the estimations, planning and execution of projects, features, and integrations.
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase.
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code.
What we're looking for
- You have extensive mobile engineering experience at leading startups or fast growing tech companies.
- You have experience setting up the infrastructure required for React-Native (CI pipelines, test environments etc).
- You have experience managing and deploying apps.
- You are confident in developing, releasing and maintaining mobile applications in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- You have either had experience with some of our tech stack or are confident you can cross train and up skill quickly.
Programming languages required
- 3+ years of React Native experience
- React and Redux proficiency
- Proven experience building applications in React (React Native)
- 5+ years professional experience in software engineering
- You are a team player and love to learn from and push your team to grow past their comfort zone
- You're curious about new technologies and you're excited to find ways to implement them in your work.
- You have a growth mentality and are not afraid to jump into new, unknown domains to improve your skills and become a better engineer.
- You are able to deliver quality features without much supervision all while keeping your team in the loop. You love to take ownership.
- Formal schooling is not a requirement. All we require is that you are passionate about what you do, you have significant relevant experience, and you strive to be the best in the world at your craft.
- You are excited to build tech and products that will change how we interface with other people over the Internet
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work arrangements
- Excellent medical benefits (100% of employee premiums covered and generous dependent coverage)
- 401k administration
- Equity for employees