Senior React Native Engineer
TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech start-up that offers online money transfers to over 160 countries with high speeds, low fees and no hassle. We’re striving to make the world a fairer place for migrants by providing tailored, more affordable financial services that makes their hard-earned money go further. Over 300 employees in offices across Europe are building a brilliant, relevant product supported by outstanding customer service.
We’ve come this far by building a talented, diverse workforce on a fair culture of trust, empowerment, and fun. And because our people understand the challenges our customers face, they’re better placed to make life easier for our customers around the world — 4 million of them, and counting.
Here’s what you’ll be doing as Senior React Native Engineer:
- You will be a part of a small and focused team building a new application in React Native for a pilot business TransferGo kick-started this summer.
- You will research, design, and deliver software using the latest stack with an eye toward usability and performance. Together with your team, you will collaborate with business partners to define product requirements, plans, and deliverables;
- You will be involved in the full development cycle including requirement definition, review, product design, coding, testing, and maintenance support;
- Along the way, you will be able to learn and innovate as well as share your knowledge with other members of the team. You will be working alongside great engineers, designers, QA specialists, and other top-notch specialists.
You will be working within our tech department to contribute to the React Native application development and make our product accessible to mobile users worldwide. Primary responsibilities will be:
- Plan and execute Front end guild strategy and roadmap relating to React Native use;
- Communicate guild initiatives with stakeholders, have common agreements with teams and C level and getting final approvals for final decisions;
- Ensure technical vision alignment with business needs;
- Work together with developers and other stakeholders to build a smooth & scalable app;
- Educate and share knowledge of the best software development practices;
- Contribute to quality by identifying spots for improvements;
- Participate in team’s ceremonies such as refinements, sprint ending/planning, retros, guild meetings, etc.
We use these tools and techniques to help us get the job done:
- React Native;
- AWS AppSync;
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have experience in delivering production quality code;
- Fluent in English and able to communicate effectively.;
- Are enthusiastic about technology and best engineering practices. You believe that good code does not mean complicated code;
- Good practical skills with Git and JIRA. Unit Testing and Continuous Integration (CI) would be a plus;
- 4+ years experience working with the above-mentioned technologies;
- Experience with RESTful APIs;
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way. We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community;
- A competitive salary package;
- Unlimited paid holiday;
- Being eligible for company's stock options;
- Private health insurance for Lithuanian and UK employees, other employees get wellbeing packages;
- Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home;
- The opportunity to learn with a company that is rapidly growing, along with a guaranteed training budget of €1,000;
- A friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment – a pet-friendly office (where we have them), team events, tasty snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings, a fun budget and events.
As an equal opportunities employer, TransferGo is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join TransferGo.