Staff React Native Engineer
Posted 8 months ago
Apply for this job
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work from anywhere:
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the US, Canada, and Latin America or work from our offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Montreal.
To learn more about our company and culture please visit:
About the role:
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a hands-on expert that takes on the most challenging technical implementations, mentors the team, and ensures that features are delivered on time and to specification.
You will be part of a team responsible for shipping highly effective, engaging, and easy-to-use features for our mobile application. You’ll work closely with design and product teammates to help author the team’s strategic roadmap, create and prioritize a backlog of ready work, and seek and destroy blockers to daily progress to help your team maintain laser focus on its goals.
The ideal candidate possesses extensive expertise in React Native application development and demonstrates strong project management skills to keep the team on track to deliver high-quality results on ambitious projects. Experience with native development for iOS and/or Android is highly desirable.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Architect and implement new functionality and user experiences in the Hinge Health mobile application.
- Engage with stakeholders to help author your team’s strategic roadmap and influence company strategy.
- Work with your manager, product and design, to plan, execute, and deliver on sprint, quarterly and project goals.
- To support your team’s continuous improvement, you’ll measure what matters most and lead blameless retros that convert insights into action.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to provide technical leadership and mentorship to your teammates, other teams and engineers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Environment: At least eight (8) years’ experience developing software in an agile team environment, with experience working with remote or distributed teams.
- Full Stack Mobile: Expertise with React Native and significant experience working across the tech stack, specifically JS, React, and React Native. Native iOS and Android is highly desirable.
- Delivery: Strong project management skills and a proven track record of taking these types of projects through all stages from inception to deployment.
- Testing/Quality: Ability to understand and debug native code as well as performance tune mobile applications.
- Communication: Strong technical and non-technical communication skills with the ability to articulate a vision to audiences of varying technical expertise and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership: Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. Today, Hinge Health is the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by 4 in 5 employers and nearly 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. We work with 900+ customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 20 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.