This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup that focuses on digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement and is owned by The ODP Corporation (NASDAQ: ODP). We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement and business-to-business (B2B) Marketplaces. Our culture is focused on a bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) solutions to learn, then either failing or scaling fast as we iterate towards our product goals.
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
The role of Front-End SDE is to design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team of lead developers, product owners, technical program managers and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs As a front-end developer in the digital organization, you will be creating Varis’s next-generation of technology leveraging the full-stack of Public Cloud services, building and running micro-front ends in a containerized / Kubernetes environment.
- Create new features or parts of internal/user facing applications, with the end user in mind, providing for the best customer experience
- Develop components and libraries that are reusable and future-proof
- Confident in using UI/UX designs or wireframes to create the respective code and the application for multiple browsers
- Uses knowledge of React.js and its lifecycle to maximize components performance across different devices and browsers
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis team
- Bachelors degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 years in a related field
- eCommerce experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience of React.js and its fundamentals, including modern features like hooks
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS/SCSS, and able to create responsive UI
- Experience with widely used React.js state managers like Redux
- Knowledge of modern ECMAScript
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the overall browser rendering behavior, measuring, and optimizing performance
- Knowledge of building front-ends for multiple browsers and their limitations
- Strong hands-on experience with source code management system Git
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Hands on experience with Unit Testing tools like jest, enzyme, mocha and chai
- Knowledge of StoryBookJS is a plus
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% permanent remote work in the United States
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Offer (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Discounted auto, home, and pet insurance
- Retirement savings plan rollovers
- Banking services
- Military leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for funeral/memorial service observance
- Discounts on Office Depot/Microsoft/Apple products and services
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates.
The ODP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in alignment with the City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
CCPA disclosure notice here.