Nortal is a remote-first, global software consultancy specializing in modern custom software development. We employ CI/CD processes across agile, distributed teams delivering highly-performant, scalable, cloud-native applications for Fortune 100 customers. The US headquarters is in Kirkland, WA. We have over 1100 employees world-wide.
- None; works under minimal supervision
- May assist in orienting and training lower-level Software Development Engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads effort on multiple feature implementations in a project.
- Creates deployment scripts to automate system deployment.
- Articulates the Agile principles and their meanings to new team members and can run stand ups if needed.
- Creates documentation that conveys technical concepts and approaches to technical stakeholders.
- Presents brown bag presentations on technical topics.
- Identifies project and personnel conflicts to account management and delivery leadership.
- Influences teams to improve project trajectory.
- Assists in interview cycles through hands-on paired programming and provide insight into a candidate's overall fit for Nortal.
- Implements new tools and frameworks to support application architecture.
- Breaks down work for team members with less experience.
- Creates software to automate deployment of applications to production environments.
- Manages test data for integration and/or UI tests.
- Diagnoses, fix, and coordinate deployment of bug fixes (and do this quickly in emergencies).
- Collaborates with Nortal employees or works solo to conduct technical presentations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience building production client-side or mobile applications.
- Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces, business logic, and data tiers.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience and knowledge of SDLC principles.
- Experience defining front end architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience with open-source technologies (Node.js, React Native, React.js)
- Experience developing highly interactive user experiences and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability on the client side.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
Nortal US Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.
This position is based in the Greater Seattle Area - but can also be remote from Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon, Texas and Virginia
Nortal: Building a Seamless Society | www.nortal.com
Nortal is a multinational strategic change and technology company. We simplify and optimize naturally complex processes to create a Seamless Society.