Senior Software Engineer
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (React Native) you’ll be responsible for building our Android and iOS Applications. Our team currently works with React Native, so an openness to building cross-platform is a must. You will work hand in hand with product managers, product designers, and other engineers to deliver intuitive mobile applications. We have a mobile first product that our customers love (4.8 in the App Store!)
Our mobile engineers are building a platform that empowers over tens of thousands Service Professionals to run their businesses. From being able to view calendars, see upcoming appointments, processing payments, and waitlists to creating seamless integrations between our mobile applications and our Chief Money Maker Hardware (our own POS) as well as being one of the first apps to integrate with Tap-To-Pay NFC Cards!
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the United States, Canada, or our NYC Office.
What You’ll Do
- Own projects end to end, from design to implementation, managing complexity and working with stakeholders to think through areas such as business impact, reliability, operability, and security.
- Collaborate with product managers, product design, or other cross-functional stakeholders on roadmap initiatives, product ideation, and prioritization. Break down epics and projects to consumable size for the team and continuous deployment.
- Produce high-quality code that’s easily testable, readable, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Architect tools, services, and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative autonomous development and future scaling.
- Uphold best practices and high standards for engineering and product quality in addition to mentoring newer team members to do the same.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have experience leading and owning end-to-end product development and impactful technology initiatives for organizations; you’re able to break down work into manageable tasks for a team and partner with operational teams to roll out changes that affect their workflow
- You have experience working in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You have a desire to work in a fast paced environment, a bias for action, a passion for self-improvement, and helping to elevate and mentor those around you
Benefits & Perk
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.