CivicActions is a mission-minded company. We focus on helping the government deliver better services through modern software practices. We work in cross-functional, agile teams and communicate openly and honestly. We encourage a balanced, autonomous lifestyle. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to change our world positively.
As a Front-end developer, you will work on React Apps with decoupled Drupal builds, a Headless CMS or API in the backend. Using a modular/component-based approach, you will build and extend design systems with tools like Storybook. We have a strong focus on accessibility and site performance.
This position is remote (work from home), requires a federal background investigation and US residence for 3 of the last 5 years.
Who you are:
- Thrive on a collaborative team and enjoy performing & receiving code reviews.
- You can develop code collaboratively within Git repositories using forks, branching workflows, and conflict resolution.
- At least 3+ years of front end development or design experience.
- AS degree or 2 years additional experience.
- Skilled at integrating React with content management systems and working with the REST API.
- Familiar with populating design systems with tools like Storybook and component-based development.
- Skilled at building accessible and inclusive interfaces. Familiarity with Section 508, WCAG, ARIA accessibility standards.
- Familiar with building responsive layouts using CSS and its compiler workflows (e.g. LESS, SASS/SCSS, postCSS, styled components).
- Unit/Integration and end-to-end testing experience with tools like Cypress, Jest, Enzyme etc.
- Nice-to have: Drupal 8/9 site-building or Front-end experience.
- Complementary/specialized skills such as QA & documentation are also a plus.
$95,000 - $115,000 USD per Year
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
For this role, you must be a current U.S. resident and have lived here for 3 out of the past 5 years.
We are a completely remote team within the United States. We ask that you have a dedicated workspace and fast internet.
People who are well taken care of can be more balanced, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision/life/disability with 100% dependent coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Yearly professional development stipend
- Yearly technology stipend
We value diverse teams and are committed to creating a community of inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.