React Native Mobile Developer
Posted 8 months ago
Apply for this job
ASAP, the on-demand delivery brand for Waitr Holdings Inc., is an online ordering technology platform using the “deliver anything ASAP” model making it easy to order food, alcohol, convenience, grocery, flowers, auto parts and more at your fingertips and get them delivered ASAP. Its proprietary in-stadium mobile ordering technology now provides an enhanced fan experience at sports and entertainment venues, allowing fans to place orders from their favorite in-stadium concessions, directly from their seats. Additionally, the ASAP platform facilitates access to third parties that provide payment processing solutions for restaurants and other merchants. It provides a convenient way to discover, order and receive a wide variety of on-demand products – ASAP. As of June 30, 2022, ASAP operates in approximately 1,000 cities throughout the United States.
We are looking for a React Native Software Engineer to join our engineering team at ASAP. This engineer will be responsible for architecting, building mission-critical front-end applications, and coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Developing new user-facing features using React Native
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate on designs
- Design and build mobile applications
- Work with team members and stakeholders to determine requirements, review UI/UX designs
- Work within small teams to successfully execute project timelines
- Demonstrate solid organization and communication skills
- Contribute to the continued evolution of ASAP's technical stack
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years of front end software engineering with and emphasis on UI application development
- Proven experience in React Native Mobile Development Platform
- Experience optimizing mobile application for performance and stability
- Experience native app development which includes iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and Android (Java/Kotlin)
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
- Passion for mentoring and helping fellow engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Experience using team collaboration tools/source control programs
Nimble: You move fast and accurately in a dynamic environment.
Logistical: Proactively seeks and finds ways to provide the highest standards of efficiency.
Innovator: Generates and recognizes creative solutions in varying work situations.
Team Player: Collaboration and strong communication skills.
Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest and respectful written and verbal communication.
Results-Oriented: Productively focuses time and resources on activities to produce quality results.
Forward-Thinking: Problem solver, do whatever it takes attitude.
Strategic Thinker: Views events and possibilities from multiple perspectives. Understands the bigger picture and the interdependencies and effects of other systems.
Ethical: Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in the conduct of all activities.
Asap, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Asap, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Asap, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.