Mobile Software Engineer
Posted 8 months ago
Apply for this job
Kunai is a fast-growing digital agency of 120+ people specializing in fintech. Our fully remote team is driven by innovation and experimentation. Over the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for clients that include Visa, the United Nations, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, and TOMS Shoes. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015.
Kunai is looking for a full-time Mobile App Engineer (React Native) to join our Engineering team. This is a 100% remote role, but you must be located in the United States.
You will be joining a growing team, driven by innovation and experimentation. We focus our teams on outcomes that will grow the business and serve the needs of our customers. As a member of this team, you’ll help us in our relentless honing of the craft of software development: learning modern technologies, adopting and adapting processes and best practices, and leveraging the benefits of automation.
- Be a technical, hands-on engineer producing high-quality code following the best architecture and design standards
- Interact with Product Manager and UX Designer to understand the requirements and perform the corresponding technical implementation
- Work closely with technical leads and other engineers to ensure that your code fits well with the rest of the application
- Ensure high quality by thoroughly testing your code including unit testing and partnering closely with the QA team for integrated testing
- Build code that meets high standards for non-functional requirements like performance and scaling
- Be responsive to customer feedback and take prompt appropriate actions whenever needed
- Prepare meaningful technical documentation of the work you perform
- Follow Kanban principles and processes that govern the software development life cycle
- Develop domain knowledge in personal finance
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area
- 5 years of experience building mobile applications (can be flexible with years of experience)
- Experience with React Native cross-platform mobile development
- Experience with developing in at least one of the native platforms, Android preferred
- Solid application design and coding skills
- Experienced working in Agile teams
- Excellent communication skills – being able to clearly articulate technical concepts and issues
- Confident yet humble in attitude, open to receiving feedback and adjust as needed
- Learning mindset, curious about new things