Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start-up. The WillowTwin™ is a disruptive IoT/Data SaaS that unlocks the true potential of smart buildings and infrastructure. We are writing a new chapter in human history, with unprecedented resource optimisation and management empowered by data.
For the second year in a row (2020 & 2021), Willow has been ranked in Linked In's Australian "Top 25 Start-ups". You will be joining a team of performance-driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast-paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Summary of role:
Willow is looking for an Engineering Lead in Brisbane or remotely within the Australian Eastern time zone. You will be embodying our culture and elevating our product quality and capabilities. If you are interested in working with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a software development team, building software solutions that deliver on the vision of the Product Manager
- Attract, develop and mentor engineering talent
- Contribute to establishing best practices and managing the health of existing services
- Capable of designing and implementing a high impact SaaS web technical architecture that meets customer and stakeholders' needs and expectations
- Confident in being responsible for the web technical strategy, leading a team and making key technology decisions.
- Collaborate with the development team on design ideas, technical challenges, and code reviews
- Work closely with the product team to design and develop new user-facing features using?React.js Framework.
- Deliver high quality, maintainable, and secure software solutions that meet guidelines set by the industry.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Continuously improve, measure and evaluate software effectiveness and usability
- Remain transparent in your work and share knowledge with others
Skills & Experiences
- Familiarity with server-side development and RESTful APIs??
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools?
- Familiarity with code versioning tools?
- Understanding of CI/CD tooling and DevOps practices
- In-depth experience using HTML and CSS?
- A passion for product design that is user-centered (usable and desirable)?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Nice to have:
- Experience with product development using Agile methodology
- Experience with analytics platforms
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, GCP & AWS)
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) applications
- A portfolio of work you can share with us
Leadership Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading a small team of developers/software engineers
- Have a variety of approaches you've used to improve team productivity
- A collaborative approach to working with Product Managers/Product Owners
- Logical thinking and great problem-solving skills
- A disciplined approach to delivery and team practices
- Experience in making and explaining trade-off decisions to deliver customer value
- Ability to identify problems early, and to resolve them before they grow
- Nice to have:
- Awareness of industry trends and a pragmatic approach to the adoption of new opportunities
- Resolving the non-technical challenges that can occur in teams
- Leading people with tech skills or roles different to yours
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Collaborative communications across time zones
This role can be performed in Brisbane or remotely within Australian Eastern time zones (we're unable to provide visa sponsorship, you need to have the legal rights to work in Australia).
If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, high growth tech start-up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Willow is proudly diverse. We work to create an equitable and inclusive experience for candidates and employees, where people from different backgrounds have an opportunity to succeed. Join us in our mission to digitise the built world!