We're an innovative tech consultancy - a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we have been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organizations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
Our clients tell us that our people are the best they’ve worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behavior and attitude. As part of the BJSS Software Engineering team, you will hone all these skills delivering real engagements for a variety of clients.
About the Role
We love to experiment with the latest tools, technologies and techniques to improve how we deliver our solutions.
As frontend applications become more complicated and in demand, we look towards individuals that are passionate about delivering quality user interfaces. From UI design best practice, frameworks, testing and deployment we are looking for individuals interested in the complete life cycle building and deploying frontend applications.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a software engineer
- Understanding of frontend build tools and deployment best practice.
- Understanding of testing tools and frameworks including Jest and, cypress.io
- Exposure to cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experienced with CI/CD ways of working, and familiar with tools and practices that support a DevOps approach.
- Good working knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- Solid experience working in an Agile delivery team.
- Strong software design skills
- You consider yourself a talented engineer, driven by your love of technology.
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment with a good working knowledge in areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and architecture
- You are always looking for ways to expand your knowledge and grow your skills.
- A collaborative environment spurs you on, and you get a kick out of delivering high-quality, fully-tested, working software, together with the team.
- You are self-sufficient, self-motivated, and strive for a successful outcome.
- You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge.
Some of the Perks
- 20 days paid vacation per year
- 5 paid sick days
- 12 BJSS holidays
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans employer funded 80%
- 4 x salary Life and AD&D
- Commuter benefits
- 401K plan (BJSS will contribute 3% of salary into your 401K)
- Company funded weekend away for employee +partner/spouse and children (if you have them)
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Very generous referral program with no limits on the number of referrals