Apply for this job
Grocery shopping is easy, said no one ever! Nobody likes cardio in the supermarket, looking for an empty parking bay, lining up and, God forbid, traffic jams. There is more to life than just reaching for that loaf of bread on the top shelf at the store. Enter the solution!
We are HappyFresh, Southeast Asia’s leading grocery e-commerce company that is hell-bent on delivering a simplified life by revolutionising how you and many households get their groceries.
Our HappyFresh app grants access to over 400 partnered supermarkets and specialty stores that echo our cause to change the grocery shopping landscape.
Customers can also shop from our HappyFresh Supermarket, which offers greater shopping flexibility. Enjoy express and scheduled grocery deliveries, fewer out-of-stock moments, competitive prices and more.
We hold through to 5 cultural pillars that serve as our mantra behind our day-to-day tasks and interactions with our teammates, laying the foundation for a more conducive and productive work culture. They are:
Customer, Customer, Customer
Ownership and Deliver Impact
Beyond our strive towards solving the problem that is grocery shopping, we look to address the needs and wants of local communities and create a future where groceries will never be a problem in the modern world.
What Will You Do
- Designing and implementing new features for our user-facing client front end
- Writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Designing robust, scalable and secure features
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Following best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Works on features that contribute to team objectives
- Reliably scopes, forecast and deliver complex tasks
- Help to increase deliverables by suggesting options to improve the team
- Leading the deliverable of an end-to-end small well-defined feature
- Generate zero operational issue by ensuring a high quality deliverable
What Will You Need
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or min 5+ year working experience in Frontend development experiences
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, software design)
- An understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Hands-on experiences and knowledge about ReactJS (preferred)
- Familiarity with Next.js will be a plus
- Knowledge about modern Frontend paradigm and concept like Single Page Application, Server-side Rendering, Client-side Rendering
- Knowledge about current Frontend building processes like Webpack, Babel, etc
- Experience with CI/CD platforms
- Having an agility mindset, working previously with agile development framework are preferred
- Basic problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent in prioritisation
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
What's In It for You
- HappyFit: fun exercise programs alongside professional trainers.
- HappyMind: free psychological consultation to keep your mental health on track.
- HappyBenefit: allowance for health activities and health-related items.
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Discounts on grocery shopping on our HappyFresh app.
- Competitive compensation package including medical, dental, maternal insurance and more.
- No Meeting Thursday: an internal initiative for HappyFreshers to engage in deeper work task focus without distractions.
- Additional 1 day annual leave for each work anniversary.
- Birthday leave.
- Occasional celebration for team engagements.
- All-access to snacks in our pantry.
- Hybrid working environment with dynamic and international colleagues.
What Will You be Part of
Meet, collaborate, and flex your skills alongside talented and driven problem solvers from all walks of life. We applaud a hungry-to-learn and a proactive attitude in helping other HappyFreshers within and beyond your departmental borders in their time of need. All while striving for the same goal - to deliver a simplified life.
We place safety for HappyFreshers first. Hence why, we take extensive measures to ensure you stay safe and healthy in body, mind, and soul through our various online and offline activities.
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers