Do you have high energy, gravitas, vision and a belief that great software comes from exceptionally collaborative and motivated teams? This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Tech business to help define and deliver a new React-based UI for a large SaaS solution, designing and delivering components to meet product requirements.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer of your team you will help establish front-end architecture, development patterns, and best practices for a new React front end, coach and mentor other engineers in cross functional teams where you'll be working alongside product owners, UX specialists, software engineers, and quality engineers. Your input will be crucial in shaping the future of a fast-growing SaaS company with a varied, interesting, and challenging platform.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work with modern front-end build pipelines
- Provide comprehensive, automated test coverage of one’s own outputs
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Quality control the visual output created by oneself
- Participate in requirements analysis and systems design process
- Contribute to component, workflow, and tool design
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver working products
- Provide high quality tests and code coverage
- Occasional direct interaction with customers and suppliers
- Peer review code from one’s team members and other front-end engineers
- SOLID design principles and common design patterns
- Good object-oriented (OO) and functional programming (FP) design skills, knowledge of patterns and architectural understanding
- Exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery environments
- Thorough understanding of testing frameworks and the practice of TDD
- Proficiency in writing automated tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven team interaction
- Able to realise designs into fully tested, performant, functional software
- Willingness to learn, adopt and advance team best-practices, procedures and qualitative standards
- Knowledge and experience of an Agile and Scrum working environment
- React certification
- SaaS, CRM, field service experience
- Experience with C# as a back-end technology
- 27 days annual leave, increasing by a day per completed years service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional 4 gifted BigRecharge days, allocated once a quarter where we all take a paid day off to focus on our wellbeing.
- Gym or zwift membership contributions.
- Remote Working (requirement to attend Leeds office monthly)
- Income protection and death in service.
- Health care cash plan.
- Enhanced family friendly policies from day one of employment with a £200 gift from BigChange on the arrival of a new baby.
- Company events.
- Learning and development opportunities.
BigChange is officially an Outstanding Company to Work For, according to Best Companies 2021. On the independent Glassdoor website, we have a 4.6 out of 5 rating.
We give talent the chance to progress and be rewarded. And we see the whole person, not just the employee.
BigChange employs over 200+ BigChangers. Launched in 2013 and based in Leeds, UK, BigChange is a leading Field Service Management Software Provider.
In 2021, we secured £75million investment from Great Hill Partners to take our technology global.
BigChange is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate differences and support diversity, thriving on it to improve the lives of our BigChangers, our product, and our community. We don’t discriminate based on age; physical, mental, or sensory disability: ethnicity; family status; sex; race; religion or belief; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status; family, or parental status. If you would like to be part of a talented team where your voice is heard and your involvement matters, please join us.
We are also proud to be a Disability Confident employer: we understand that the application and traditional interview process does not work for everyone. If you need us to make any adjustments or changes to our existing process, please let us know in your application. Examples of adjustments may include providing application information in different formats, allowing additional time for any tests, providing a copy of interview questions prior to interview; or, conducting interviews remotely or in-person. This list is not exhaustive, and we are open to exploring any reasonable adjustments that may be necessary. If you have a disability and meet all the essential requirements for the role you have applied for, you will be guaranteed an interview.