Apply for this job
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. ? + ? = ??
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 9500+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our revenue grew by 80% in 2021 after we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020. We doubled our global team and we accelerated our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. ?
About the Revenue Team
The Revenue’s team primary goal is unlocking new ways for brands to generate more sales in collaboration with customer service teams, without sacrificing the quality of customer experience. By building new revenue-oriented products (and also adapt existing ones e.g. Chat) Gorgias should influence and generate new sales for the merchants.
By the way: this position is open to full remote from Europe #LI-REMOTE
What you'll Do
- Work on improving existing or developing new product features in the Revenue Squad space, as per the project specifications provided by the Product Manager
- Collaborate with other engineers, sometimes from other teams, in order to make the right technical decisions. You will insist on high standards and will instrument code with logging and unit tests, and will configure monitors and alarms for the important production functionalities.
- All team members will do one-week pager-duty and support rotations. While on support/pager-duty, you are responsible to intervene in any service incident or customer support issue that is related to our ownership area
- You will help clarify the scope of work on a quarterly basis. You will analyze new product requirements and help clarify them. You will provide technical consultation and brainstorm alternative ideas. You will break down project requirements into actual tasks and estimate effort
- On a quarterly basis, you will provide and receive feedback to and from your teammates, in order to contribute to team and company growth.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience working with Node.js, React.js
- Deep understanding of TypeScript
- Combined experience developing production-grade backend web applications and doing front-end development
- You care about working on applications that are putting the customer’s needs first
- You have the drive and focus to get challenging projects over the finish line, and you are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work
- You are comfortable communicating with other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, demo work in progress and provide project updates
- You are passionate about learning and want to help us learn too
- You are a natural leader and enjoy taking initiative.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with WebSocket APIs
- Previous SaaS experience
- Previous startup experience
Nice to have:
Perks and Benefits
- ?? 4-weeks vacation
- ? Paid sick leave
- ? Paid parental leave (16 weeks)
- ? Latest MacBook Pro
- ?? Personal credit card to buy lunches
- ? We provide private health insurance
- ????? Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- ? Get up to $2000 of learning material per year (includes books**,** courses, and training sessions that are easily identified and linked with your job scope. This also covers individual coaching!)
- ? Every quarter, we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we’re going and strengthen the social bonds (once the health situation allows it, we’ll transform these summits into off-sites! Here is the photo album from our last company retreat in 2021, when we were a total of 129 people!)
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without sacrificing quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, and treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
Why join us?
? We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
? We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
? Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
? Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
More cool things to know about Gorgias... ?
• Raised our Series A for $14M in November 2019: techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/gorgias-series-a
• Raised our Series B for $25M in December 2020: https://techcrunch.com/2020/12/10/gorgias-series-b/
• We went from 0 to 8000 merchants using our platform every day from 2016 to 2021
• We have a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
• What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
• Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
• Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
Discover Gorgias Platform here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLFpe-xbhk
Learn about our compensation policy here: https://www.gorgias.com/blog/international-saas-salary-calculator
Gorgias ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.