***This is NOT a position with Kunai - This is a Full-Time position with a Kunai client, a venture-backed, fully remote, and purpose-driven FinTech startup committed to changing the lives of Americans that are behind on their bills.***
What makes our client unique is that their platform offers solutions when individuals have no other option. Their goal is to make financial wellness accessible through education and to provide banking tools for 99% of the population. Because they see credit card debt as the most overwhelming and fastest-growing type of debt, they decided to tackle it first at no charge.
The current system in place for people that are behind on their bills is antiquated and unfair — making the process psychologically and physiologically taxing for any person. Debt comes in many shapes, sizes, and forms. Our client understands that everybody has a different financial situation and because of that our client is building solutions tailored to each individual, as we grow and scale.
Providing people with the information to achieve financial wellness while destigmatizing debt is what we are passionate about. Life is more than just paying your bills. Through collective bargaining, our client seeks to change how people overcome financial troubles in the form of debt. By helping Americans eliminate their debt, our client seeks to empower them to create educated financial choices and build the means to achieve their dreams.
- You love working with other individuals and you are able to pivot to adjust to our client's needs.
- Ideally, you are a hardworking individual with a knack for troubleshooting.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are willing to make sure our client's users have a seamless experience.
- You must possess excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, seek what is best for our client and its success, create new and useful ideas, make time to help colleagues, challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates.
- 5+ years of experience building mobile apps with React Native
- 5+ years of experience building consumer-facing client apps
- An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms
- Practical experience of delivering in an agile environment
- Deep understanding of how modern websites are built
- Deep understanding of modern testing methodologies, tools, and practices
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools
- Deep understanding of browser testing and debugging
- Understanding of security and performance considerations
- Understanding of cross-browser issues and how to debug them
- Understanding of web accessibility standards
- Understanding of JSON / RESTful web services
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns
- Understanding of deployment tools and systems integration
- Understanding of layout aesthetics, responsive design, and mobile web development
- Previous experience in early-stage product design
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional ability to be flexible with working hours when required
- Fluent English & superb communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience delivering at a Senior Developer level in an enterprise environment
- You would be responsible for building server-side components of these applications
- You will be working in high-performing software teams that are distributed across different locations
- Supporting component design, development, and maintenance and taking responsibility for personal technical quality standards within the project team
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building, and deployment
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions
- Implementing security and data protection
- Executing meticulous automated tests in line with best practice
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Optimizing performance in applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Using appropriate tools to maintain version control and build processes
- Getting feedback from users and building solutions for them
- Assisting with the analysis of client requirements
- Working with and supporting the Sr DevOps Engineer (team lead) in project execution and timely delivery
- Collaborating with client teams
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Write documentation and guides
- You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem
- Competitive salary and stock options (Equity range for this position is between 0.059% – 0.149%)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401 (k) with a generous match
- Flexible and Remote work structure
- Computer Provided
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Pay Range of Base Salary: $158,000/yr - $197,000/yr