Front-end Software Developer
We're seeking a Front-end Software Developer to join us!
PayByPhone is looking for an experienced React / Redux developer who loves to build and deliver great products to market. You’ll develop major front end components and infrastructure of our cloud based parking platform. The Corporate Accounts Team builds and operates a fleet management solution at the heart of the PayByPhone platform. Businesses that struggle with managing mobile teams in large cities, where parking is costly, consider PayByPhone to be a reliable long term enterprise partner who provides solutions for parking, payment control, fleet management and route planning via paid services that deliver value beyond their cost. The team’s current focus is to build out the Fleet solution using modern cloud technologies in an agile environment.
Here's what you'll do:
- Write and test-drive production code for new features and bug fixes
- Build and deploy software through an automated CI/CD pipeline, helping refine the process
- Provision and maintain cloud infrastructure for your team’s products
- Translate our designers’ work into well-constructed front end components
- Help to build and consume RESTful APIs
- Review code and manage merge requests from other developers
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Own the success of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service during outages
- Provide on-call, critical response on a rotational basis to support relevant PayByPhone development teams
- Work with the team to design and develop automated test suites, refine acceptance criteria, and establish test plans
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of modern CSS frameworks
- Experience in interaction/interface design and/or working with designers
- Established foundations in working with cloud computing
- You’ve worked in or want to work in an agile environment using processes like Kanban or Scrum
- Experience with automated unit testing, and an interest in techniques such as TDD and BDD
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles
The nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with building internal customer-facing tools.
- Experience in backend development with technologies such as .Net, Typescript or Node.js
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS/Azure
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
To be successful in this role, you likely have:
- Writing clean, maintainable code with good test coverage
- Effectively communicating technical decisions
- Collaborating with and learning from your teammates
- Making regular contributions to the team’s processes, roadmap, and architecture
- Helping improve the operational reliability of the team’s systems
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.
PayByPhone is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. The Company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace or talent attraction processes. Our commitment is to attract and acquire talent that are representative of the talent market, and are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
At PayByPhone, we operate in a constantly evolving world. With change being a long-time friend of ours, we have our values to guide how we work as a team to deliver on our commitments. In short, we:
Make things happen
See through our customers’ eyes
To see our values in action, explore our Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and our Careers page. If you’re interested in reading the story behind our values, head on over to our About Us page.