Front End Developer
Founded in 2003, Brooks Bell is a technology-enabled agency focused exclusively on solving complex business problems through experimentation for enterprise brands. We’ve spent the last 17 years building world-class optimization programs and helping companies leverage data, human-centered design, and technology to deliver a better customer experience. All of our engagements are focused on generating consumer insights that can be utilized throughout organizations. We enable teams to take full ownership of their testing, personalization, analytics, and user research programs to become masters of their own experimentation success.
Qualities we are looking for
- Creative problem solver. The issues our clients are trying to solve aren't always straightforward. You're not afraid to think outside the box and try different solutions until you find one that works.
- Flexibility. You're comfortable with a fast-paced environment where things are frequently changing. You're willing and eager to step in where needed.
- Communication skills. You're able to clearly communicate verbally and through writing in a professional manner with your teammates and with clients. You're comfortable explaining technical concepts to someone without a technical background in a simple and straightforward way. You're not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas.
- Self-motivated. You're reliable and able to get your work done on time without being micromanaged. You're comfortable exploring complex problems on your own, but you also know when to ask for help.
- Empathy. You work to understand the problems our clients are facing and where they are coming from. You write code with the end-user in mind.
- Detail-oriented. You take pride in making sure your code is high quality, thoroughly checking it on different browsers and in different conditions to ensure you're providing the best quality experience to users and to our clients.
- Ensure code is developed to specs and designs and works across browsers
- Work within testing tools such as Adobe Target and Optimizely
- Consult with clients on a technical level
- Learn new tools and frameworks as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous professional experience
- Experience with Server-side web development (Any language Java or Node.js preferred)
- Experience with Native Mobile development
- Experience with DevOps (Github API, Webpack, Node.js)
- Experience with modern frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Experience with optimization tools (Optimizely, Adobe Target, Maxymiser)
- Experience with web analytics (Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics)
- Experience with Tag Management Tools (Adobe DTM, Tealium, Ensighten)
- Experience using the command line and git/Github
- A 4-year degree, preferably with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, or another technical field
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position.
Note: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.