Company: Mindstream Interactive
Location: 250 West Street Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43215
The Senior Front End Developer works with both creative and technical resources to create the presentation layer of web sites and applications. The primary responsibility of this position is the creation of cross-browser HTML/CSS templates from approved designs that adhere to web standards while maintaining the creative direction.
- Writes code that adheres to company standards
- Keeps up with the latest technologies
- Ability to solely build the interface portion of a given project from start to finish.
- Collaborates with both web designers and back-end developers to produce an optimal solution.
- Works with production designers to determine optimal image slices for a given design.
- Develops standards compliant/cross-browser compatible code for web sites & applications.
- Ability to accurately estimate/ scope work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Maintains knowledge of evolving technologies and standards.
- Must have 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with CSS Preprocessing (Sass, LESS).
- Prior management of junior developer(s) experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build fully responsive web sites.
- Knowledge of HTML email template creation.
- Demonstrated experience with usage of web font technologies.
- Knowledge of character encoding issues.
- Adherence to W3C Standards.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform compliance in both Windows and Mac environments.
- Experience working on custom tabs within Facebook platform/environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging web standards.
- Knowledge of basic website security risks.
- Knowledge of Grunt or Gulp is a plus
- Knowledge or experience working with Flash is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.