TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
- Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, tvOS)
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work remotely from home during the business hours of 9:00am-5:00pm EST
- Engineer production-quality code to deploy these solutions on a platform specific for the client
- Enhance testing platforms, improve test automation, foster software craftsmanship
- Develop technical architecture and suggest the appropriate cloud services and frameworks to accomplish product goals
- Surprise and delight customers and partner software engineers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
- 7+ years of back to back professional experience in FrontEnd development using React Native
- 5 years of experience using CI/CD
- Senior experience using AWS
- Senior experience using VSCode
- Senior experience using iOS and Android emulators
- Senior experience with micro-service architectures.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Working experience with an NPM / Node.js ecosystem in a production environment
- Practical knowledge of monitoring / improving and debugging Node.js / Express applications
- Experience working with Non-relational and Relational based databases
- Experience cleanly architecting new capabilities from the ground up
- Experience developing user friendly APIs
- Understanding of Clean Code principles
- Back-end development experience building REST API’s
- Experience working with Redux to manage React state
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Understanding of micro-service architectures
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
- Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
STAY HAPPY & HEALTHY
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Inkblot mental health partnership with subsidized counselling benefits
- GoodLife membership discounts
- Annual Professional Development budget
- Discounts on Bike Share Toronto
MAKE MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS
- Friday Demo’s to show off your work
- Remote Activities: online contests, movie nights, group fitness and more!
- Social Events: Bonfires, casual drinks, sports nights and more!
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more!
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
TribalScale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.
All resumed MUST be submitted in English!