CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 70 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we're looking for:
We're always open and interested to meet amazingly talented Engineers that love what they do and are excited to share the projects they're into. We know that joining a startup is not only about hard skills. It's also about the right timing, understanding that, more often than not, a rolling-up-your-sleeves attitude is what it takes to make things done, but most important of all you have a strong desire to make an impact in other people's lives.
So if you think you are ready to dive in, let's move forward. And if you don't, but you're interested in learning what the future means to us let's move forward too!
Your Team: Chef Experience
The Chef Experience squad is responsible for developing an experience that helps chefs develop their best meals, and efficiently deliver their creations at the highest quality. You'll use data insights, eater feedback, content creation, production coordination, and more to satisfy all the needs of CookUnity's chefs.
Some of the best Chefs in America will be your close collaborators. Not only CookUnity's "rising stars", but also the well-known Chefs we've partnered with this year as part of our Creators Club (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!).
This is our current stack:
- Languages: NodeJS/Typescript
- Frameworks: React Native, ReactJS, Expo, Express, GraphQL, Apollo
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECR, S3, Cloudfront), Docker, Kubernetes
- Design and implement Chef App (mobile) and Chef Portal (web) features (cross-platform development using Expo).
- Ensure the quality of our products by contributing to our unit and integration tests.
- Improve the maturity of our technical stack with engineering best practices.
- Maintain CookUnity’s UI library cross-platform (Web, iOS, Android).
- Participate in and improve the code review process and help to mentor other engineers.
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder, removing roadblocks, and repairing technical issues.
You’re a great fit because you have...
- Extensive experience with React Native and React
- Tested and deployed mobile and web applications
- You understand how to interact with and build backend REST APIs
- Experience using SQL databases
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve systems
- An advance level of English
? Get paid in USD, Crypto, Euro, ARS. Whatever your choice! We use Deel to make things easier for you!
? Work remotely: design the life that you want.
? Enjoy 15 days of vacation each year from start date.
? 16 fully paid Argentinean holidays.
? Get a MacBookAir (upgraded version).
? Family leave: 12 weeks for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver, fully paid.
? Compassionate Leave: 3-5 days each time the need arises.
??? Personalized English coachAdditional Perks (could vary).
? Travel to NYC during your onboarding - 1st year with us.
? Food Tech Connect gather around every quarter (depending on your location).
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.