Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior React Native Engineer to contribute to the development of the Classy Live mobile application, which is an extension of the Classy Live event management platform, which powers virtual, hybrid and in-person events by providing tools around live streaming, auctions and taking payment. The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering expertise with ability to deliver a quality user experience to customers via phones and tablets.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Contribute to the development of the Classy Live mobile application. This application has been written and is available today in the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Have a critical role in building the next suite of mobile functionality to solve problems facing non-profit organizations when hosting and organizing events (e.g. checking people in, accepting payment, handling offline scenarios)
- Work alongside our test engineers to implement a scalable and robust mobile testing framework
- Work alongside our SRE team to help solidify our CI/CD process for delivering mobile updates to the app stores
- Implement analytics and performance monitoring solutions to help understand app usage and areas for improvement
- Write and deploy code that will directly impact the mission of thousands of non-profit organizations
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years building scalable software and/or mobile applications with your most recent experience being in mobile
- 2+ years of experience with React Native, including working with native modules, configuring/setting up an application, and building out a proper development pipeline for React Native work
- Experience with mobile DevOps, automated testing, and analytics
- Experience with state management layers (e.g. Redux)
- Understanding of necessary optimizations to create low-bandwidth mobile experiences
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with Accessibility on mobile applications
- Experience with handling offline storage and capabilities
- Experience with implementing OTA update pattern (e.g. CodePush)
Our amazing perks!
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.