We are a multicultural team (approx 20 different nationalities) of talented people devoted to developing amazing software solutions for the Private Aviation industry. Our history expands over a decade, creating applications used by hundreds of flight coordinators and thousands of pilots around the globe.
At Nuvolar, we develop amazing applications. Our aim is not only to create functional software but to build cool, game-changing applications that transform industries. And we are proud to do so!
Our passion for all things aeronautical combined with our complex system architecture and functionalities make our solutions unlike any other. Join an international team in a fun work dynamic where our employees come first.
You will be part of a project related to Private/Business Aviation, working on an application used daily by thousands of users (like ground operations and aircraft crew). You will have the opportunity to develop and enhance the main operating tool for one of the biggest players in the business aviation industry!
What to expect:
As a React Native Developer, you will develop, test and maintain mobile applications, as well as participate in the investigation, evaluation, selection, and implementation of different solutions for both application and infrastructure technologies.
These will be some of your tasks:
- Consistently write and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Cultivate and share knowledge around the best practices of application development.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs to correct errors, identify areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Write programming scripts to enhance the company applications necessary functionalities and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and guidelines.
- Provide guidance to junior team colleagues.
Before we start talking about languages, frameworks or design patterns, we expect you to be a team player with a never-ending learning attitude and an improvement-seeking mentality.
- 3+ years of experience working with React Native and Typescript
- Experience with Unit Tests using Jest. TDD is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Source control (Git).
- Be familiarized with agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Apart from these, it would be a plus if you know about Redux, CI/CD, functional components and React Hooks, local persistence, Android or iOS native knowledge, debugging React Native apps performance and Storybook.
- Flexible remote work policy (you can decide if you’d like to work 100% remotely or come to our offices in Barcelona)
- Flexible working hours – 38 hours per week!
- Summer schedule in July and August.
- Career path with continuous training - we have a library and all of the learning tools you need to study something cool
- Social events and activities/Funday Fridays/Lunch&Learns
- Day off on your birthday!
- Online therapy sessions with Therapychat
What can you expect from our hiring process
1st step: Phone call with our Talent Acquisition team
During this first phone call, we want to meet you and understand your expectations in terms of career plan, what motivates you, and give you an overview of the role and Nuvolar's work environment.
2nd step: Technical test
If the first phone call goes well, we will invite you to move forward and solve a technical challenge based on your role and experience and assessed by our technical team.
3rd step: Cultural fit interview
After passing the technical test, it’s time for a face-to-face meeting (online) so we can meet each other and lay out everything we can offer you and what you can bring to our Nuvofamily so that we can succeed together! If we’re on the same page, we move straight to the last step.
4th step: Technical Interview with the team
A technical discussion around the exercise to better understand your skills and an introduction to the Tech Lead and other team members to give you a better idea of Nuvolar's team culture and so you can meet some potential future colleagues.
Want to learn more about life at Nuvolar? Take a look at our social channels:
If your profile fits the position, and you are excited about becoming a Nuvolad or Nuvolady, we would love to hear from you!
Nuvolar Works is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, or religion.