Senior Software Engineer
Orange Comet is a premium content creation company producing high-quality, disruptive NFT digital collectibles and blockchain experiences. By blending super-creative content and game-changing technology, our mission is to create groundbreaking NFT experiences for the fanbases of our clients. We are powered by a passionate group of people who believe the future of all entertainment and media is on the verge of a major change and our diverse backgrounds, experiences and industries, work to help our clients shape their businesses for the emerging Metaverse of opportunities that awaits.
Our small team ensures your work will have an immediate, highly visible impact on our products, our customers, and the team. You will have the chance to have a significant impact on the evolution of our design, production and software development processes.
We are building a digital production process that enables the promotion, management and sale of multiple, complex NFT drops. The drop pages are visually stunning and require complex interfaces to multiple 3rd party sites and APIs as well as our own Orange Comet API.
Our engineers must have a user-centric attitude and care deeply about UX as well as the nuances and best practices of various web application paradigms, including single-page applications, MVC and static site generators. You will build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
- Development of client facing single page web applications using ReactJS, including creating interactive components
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Unit testing
- Partnering with designers on creating components
- Working with backend engineers to communicate with API endpoints
- Connecting to crypto wallets and other Web3 components
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience creating and maintaining public, single page web applications in ReactJS
- Proficiency with fundamental technologies such as HTML, CSS and JSON.
- Proficient experience in state management including frameworks such as Redux and Redux-Saga
- Experience in solving CSS / JS multi- browser compatibility problems and front-end performance optimization
- Understanding of component-based development ideas, familiarity with Express, React, Node stack
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience collaborating closely with product, engineering, and UX teams
- User authentication technologies such as Firebase Authentication
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Understanding of back-end technologies and databases is a plus
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as webpack and react-scripts
- Experience interfacing with crypto wallets such as Metamask
- Experience writing WordPress plugins a significant plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
Orange Comet is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Orange Comet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Orange Comet.